“Very nice hotel, excellent localization”
Review of Corona Hotel

Corona Hotel
Ranked #459 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 23 October 2011

This time I searched very carefully for a convenient hotel, because I was going to take my mother for her first Rome weekend. I wanted the hotel to be clean, with nice atmosphere and conveniently located. All this seemed to be in Corona Hotel and all appeared to be true. Very kind and helpful staff, at our disposal every moment. Like for a three star in Rome, excellent breakfast. On the way from Termini to the Center, but not in the smelly rail station surroundings. High 4 floor, with easy access by lift. Room of reasonable size, clean and comfortable, as for 3 stars. Very good restaurant behind the corner, as well as Carrefour express across the street. 15 minutes walk to main sights.

Worth of interest when looking for a reasonable priced lodging in the center of Rome, in simple but comfortable standard, in a friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank relax630

Reviewed 22 October 2011

I stayed at Corona Hotel in September 2011. I had stayed in several hotels during my tour of Italy, London and Paris and this was without a doubt the most comfortable bed I had slept in. It was nice waking up refreshed each morning and without an aching back for a change!

We had a clean room, very good shower, the location was central whether you decided to go by foot to some of the major sites or opt for public transport and the staff were very helpful. I'd especially like to thank Patricia for going out of her way to assist us with our itinerary - Rome is such a large city to navigate and she gave us some useful information on sites that were worth visiting besides the usual touristy places, along with suggestions on places to eat and ways to get around. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Marie B
Reviewed 22 October 2011

This was the last hotel we stayed at on our 17 day trip to Italy and it was one of the worst. Charges for everything (10 euro for wifi/day, 5 euro/day for the safe, no local calls without a charge). We had a travel agent take care of hotels, so we thought we'd be ok. breakfast was included with our room and definitley not worth it, unless all you want is coffee cake, bread and jam. if you wanted to turn the A/C on, 25 euro a day. We would have loved to leave our window open, but the street noise was unbearable and every day there was a market that set up on the street (starting at 5 am). We asked if we could change rooms, but no twin beds on the interior side. Our last day in Rome, there was a terrible rain storm in the morning, and water was coming into the corridors of the floors! The staff in the morning were always rude. The woman who worked the front desk late afternoon was always courteous. The room was very small. I couldn't open the closet door without pushing the beds and nightstands all the way to the exterior wall. I'm dissappointed our travel agent thought this would work for us. I would never recommend this hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Liljoey76
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My friend and I spent all of our time in Italy in Rome and found that staying in one hotel was perfect. Corona is a family owned hotel with high standards for their renovations, excellent housekeeping and a lovely breakfast daily which saved us at least 20 euros daily. Getting to know the family and their staff was a highlight for us. Their English was much better than our minimal Italian. We truly felt we had a home away from home.

Room Tip: The street side is noisy but colorful and interesting. A street market sets up there every am except...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Pam101011
Reviewed 15 October 2011

I stayed in a single room at the Corona. The room was quite small, but fine for my needs. It was clean and comfortabland the shower was very good. The coomn areas were very attractive and there was a local market right outside the door. It was verry convenient to Termini Station and many tourist sites. The staff were very friendly and also speak English.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank corcort
Reviewed 6 September 2011

Once again heading to Rome next month and staying at Hotel Corona where each stay has been rewarded with the same cheerful hospitality by Luciano and Pat who speak English well (a plus) also the rooms are lovely and quiet and spotless ... can't wait to return!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2011

Myself and my boyfriend stayed in the Corona Hotel for 2 nights so that we could do a bit of sightseeing. On our arrival, we were greeted by a lady we assumed was the manager, very friendly and let us deposit our bags while we went out for the day. We were given a map with directions of the best places to experience, which was very useful. The room itself was clean, tidy with air conditioning (bliss when you have been sight-seeing all day in 40 degree heat!). The breakfast was quite nice, with a wide variety of cereals, toast, baguettes, cakes and fruit.

The Hotel was easy to find and in a good central location. We found a lovely restaurant around the corner from the Hotel called Alessios (very quaint!) and was down some steps into a garden, with friendly staff and very italian! I would recommend going early as it was very busy around 8.30pm (people were queuing!). There wasn't much choice in terms of restaurants as it was the holiday period when we visited, however it wasn't so busy, which was quite nice. I would recommend the hotel, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple