Hotel Ponte Sisto
US$192
US$175
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$311
US$272
  • Bar/Lounge
1,645 results
All reviewsgreat locationtrastevere areainner courtyardtiber riverrooftop terracewithin walking distancelovely hotelwalked everywheremarble bathroombars and restaurantspastrieswould definitely stay here againbreakfast buffetside streeton footgelatothree nights
Reviewed February 7, 2012

We had trouble choosing from all the hotels in Rome but plumped for this as it's in a great location. I was very glad when I arrived as it was pretty stylish and calm, a great haven from the buzz outside.

The bed was fab, the staff chic, the bathroom gorgeous green marble and the room was very quiet.

Easy to get to the Vatican, major shopping and restaurant areas, also Jewish quarter and across the river. The flower market in the square nearby was great. Transport links were great, buses were easy to use. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed January 30, 2012

When I booked I selected this hotel for location, cleanliness, and a full sized bathtub. Ponte Sisto delivered! Staff was helpful and knowledgeable. We borrowed a converter for our electronics, and got ice every night from the bar. Close to major sights, but chosen for closeness to both sites and restaurants in Trastevere. The bed was hard, but we were so tired from walking all day and enjoying a bottle of wine at dinner we crashed as soon as we laid down. It was warm for us as we're from the northern USA, but we were able to crack a window and be comfortable. Will stay again if ever in Rome as 175 dollars a night felt like a steal.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed at Hotel Ponte Sisto because of its location, almost everything is walking distance including Vatican, Colliseum, Trastevere and the various piazzas. 3 of us traveling together, room overlooked the lovely courtyard. The single bed appeared to be a 'cot' and nothing more. The room was very crowded. The marble bathroom was nice. Breakfast buffet while plentiful tasted like cafeteria food. Front desk staff seemed rude and not helpful. Seemed annoyed when a question was asked of them. Entire hotel needs a decorating update. The lobby and breakfast area look like a hospital.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank AAEN
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Beautiful hotel with friendly staff and in a very good location. That said the room I was given was the smallest hotel room I have ever had in any city - it really disappointed me. Given the price charged it was not value for money.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed December 17, 2011

The hotel is well situated between the Campo de Fiori and Trastevere, breakfast was good, however, all of this was erased by the attitude of the front desk personnel and manager. I stayed a the hotel, in a suite, and my daughter and son-in-law in a deluxe room. It was in the middle of May, and Rome was unusually hot for the period of time. Our rooms were sweltering!!!! I called the management, and was told that the air conditioning wasn't turned on in the building. I said it is really hot. No matter, they didn't turn on the main air conditioner. Needless to say, our stay wasn't very pleasant.
Their advertisment on their web site said "air-conditioned rooms. Not air conditioned when we decide to turn it on."
The became really ugly when I kept asking to have it turned on.
Never did get the thing turned on, and our trip was over.
Never again. Make sure you check the air conditioning at any hotel before you settle down into the room.

Room Tip: Our trip was actually in May 2010.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family