“Just okay”

Ranked #490 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
“Just okay”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

My experience with the hotel I would say is just okay as first the hotel was booked by the office of my husband and they shouldered all the expenses during our stay in Rome but in case we are the ones paying for the accommodation then i guess we will have some issues with this hotel. first, there were no free internet connection in our room, no wifi. internet is only available at the lobby area and the connection is very slow. the location is in a slope area and we have to walk to get to our tour bus as this is situated in a tight space and there were no parking area. there were no near cafes and convenience store nearby and the alleys along the street is not that well lighted so you feel not that safe but to be fair the hotel has a nice toiletries a variety of choices and is quiet so you will have a good sleep. all in all i think this is just an okay hotel but considering it is a 5-star hotel then it did not met the high standards expected of its kind.

PS
the heater in the room seems to be not working as we cannot determined the diff between the 1 to 3 thermostat.(we visited during winter time)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank MeriamTanGravador

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Greek first
Newark, California
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I stayed here last Feb 22 to 26,2012 during a sales conference meeting and as it is fully paid by my company i could not argue more as the money is not coming from my pocket, but i heard that they are paying a handsome amount of money and i am just wondering how come that they don't have free internet access in the room and no wifi,cable internet is very slow as well, albeit wifi is available at the lobby area only. Anyways, our room is clean and well maintain the toiletries are amazing a lot of choices and is a beauty to see. service is professional and staff are friendly and nice. except for the staff manning the main entrance they seems to be not that professional as expected from a 5-star hotel. anyway, if i would have spend my own money then i guess i'll be disappointed with the value i got from this hotel.

Room Tip: choose a room with a bath tub and is on the 2nd floor elevators seems to long to catch.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank DarcyZam
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We paid an upgrade for our 5* room to superior standard. What a waste of money. The room was so small you could just about walk around the bed and it felt claustrophobic. The large window was overlooked by rooms only a few meters away with one heavy blind. It meant we had to chose between privacy or sunlight. The shower was actually a bath with a broken sliding door and the overhead shower piece gave a very light splattering of water. Everything was extra on top of the expensive room cost including 20 Euro per person for a very mediocre breakfast in a dark windowless dining area, nothing to compare with other 5* hotels that we have stayed in. To top it all off they gave us our final bill in Italian and had charged the pair of us for breakfast for four people. I find it hard to believe this was a mistake as we purchased the breakfast through a voucher system at the reception desk. They must rely on a % of tourists not checking or understanding the Italian bill. The bedding was insufficient for the cold snap but we had to ask several times for extra bedding as our initial requests did not produce results; the bed itself was rock hard and the sheets were rough. Avoid this hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Catherine d

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

bath
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The hotel is tucked away up a side street directly off Via Veneto. Staff friendly & efficient and are dressed a bit like space cadets, in line with the chic modern feel of this hotel. Airline misplaced my suitcase, hotel took over enquiries and it was delivered to my room the following day. The spa pool in the basement is beautifully done if a little compact and bijou. The steam room and sauna are also more claustraphobic than you'd normally expect. The cosmopolitan bar area on the ground floor is perfect for people watching - watched an American tourist drink so much she fell off her seat; they politely carried her out like a sack of old laundry, hilarious!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank thughes59
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed 23 January 2012

arriving to the hotel finding the door man with nice smile offering us a help with a lot of bags that me and my wife always carrying ( women shopping ) enter the hall and find 2 Samurai on front of us very nice thing that you can never imagine in Rome anyway we made the check in .. the guys there really fantastic they accompany us to the rooms and explain to us about the hotel comparing that i travel a lot i found very good hotel all the staff are really fantastic and helpful from the doorman and the bellboy and the reception and the whole staff from the restaurant especially we came in busy period but we really always found the attention and the helpful. for the rooms Super Super clean with a good space inside the rooms by the way it was standard room but really big comparing that other hotel i stayed at the city center .. something else they are near every thing 5 minutes spanish steps and 5 minutes to Trevi fountain .. really i enjoyed there and i will be back in the future

Room Tip: try to take the Rooms with Balcony it was Super WoW and super Romantic too
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank wael E
Grenoble, France
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I spent two nights at this amazing hotel just before Christmas for my three nights in Rome. The hotel is in the heart of the city, a perfect location for shopping and eating out. I had an absolutely wonderful time. The staff are very polite, and the concierge was particularly helpful. I spent several hours at the SPA taking advantage of the steam room, sauna, roman pool, plus I had a great relaxing massage. I will be back during the summer time, and for sure I will stay more days and enjoy the roof garden atmosphere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank ingenico5100
Eastchester, New York
Reviewed 12 January 2012

My fiancé and I stayed at this hotel for a few days before our twelve-day cruise. My fiancé has been to Rome several times. It was my first time to Italy, and he was planning to propose to me, so he wanted a five-star hotel. Upon arrival, we were greeted by very nice and professional staff. We wanted to go to sleep because we were very tired from traveling, but we were unable to. There was a wedding going on, and the music was very loud. I was a little upset. The rooms were tiny but clean and cute. The gym was small with very little equipment.

I left behind some of my belongings and called them several times to see if they could send it to me, and they never called me back. That being said, it was a good location within walking distance to Fontana Di Treve and the Spanish steps. In addition, there is a Gelato place with the best gelato in Rome just two blocks away. I ate Gelato every day and this place hands down had the best Gelato in the world. Jamie at the front desk at the hotel was very nice and he sent me to the best Italian restaurant I have ever been to called Rivadestra. Overall, nice hotel and a good location, but it’s not a five star hotel by my standards It’s more like a 3 ½.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple