Hotel Relais Patrizi
US$147
Hotel Italia(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$111
  • Breakfast included
Hotel des Artistes(Rome)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$534
US$338
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnice hotelpleasant stayyogurtair conditioningspanish stepsvillametroeurcheese
Reviewed June 4, 2017 via mobile

From earlier travelling experience in Italy we booked a 4-star hotel in order to get something decent. In our experience, for some reason hotels seem to be one star less than what would be our standard, i.e. if you book 4-star hotel, you can expect it to be around 3 stars.

This was the case in Villa Patrizi as well. We appreciated the quiet location, walking the 300-400 metres to Policlinico metro station was very ok.

Our room was very small, especially with the 180 cm bed! There were barely 50 cm's around it to move. We had to place one of our luggages on to the desk, the other one on small desk & chair next to the bed. Bathroom was so small that you could hardly bend to wash your toes. We saw some other rooms that had more space and wooden floors (ours had a carpet).

Air conditioning worked well and beds were decent (bit hard for our 'taste' but ok).

Considering the price of the hotel the rooms etc were ok, but the breakfast wasn't, except on our final morning, Sunday. Our final breakfast was ok, someone asked right away if we wanted coffee, there were fresh fruits, juice, cheese, croissants etc. The two mornings before (Friday & Saturday) were very disappointing, on first morning I had almost finished my breakfast (which was basically cereals & marmalade & yogurt as everything else was finished, at 8.30!) before the waitress showed around, the second morning I got coffee but again saw almost only empty plates, no cheese left, no juice (finished), no croissants, I finally ate an egg and some cereals with yoghurt.

Apart from breakfast I would say that we got what we paid for.

By the way, they don't accept credit card to pay the city tax (6 eur per night per person), reserve cash for it!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed May 20, 2017

Room was small but comfortable - Hotel was quiet without disturbances. Shower a bit small but functioned well. Clean and very comfortable. Breakfast was simple but adequate choice from a continental style buffet. Good hotel for us as we wanted good price and basic facilities - we were out most of the day in the city or at the tennis. Metro station nearby.

Staff were helpful and friendly but not intrusive.

Located in the consular district so not strictly tourist area. A park about 800metres away good for jogging, and just over a mile to the main Termini Train Station. Made getting around very easy.

Room Tip: We were on 3rd floor which had a terrace. There is a lift, but we used the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michellecockram
Reviewed April 24, 2017

I stayed in this hotel for three days and it was not the best hotel. It was very warm when I arrived but since I could not “figure out” the AC controls, I called the front desk to ask. I was informed that the hotel does not have air-conditioning so keep that in mind if you plan to travel during the summer. The room is equipped with a very small shower enclosure that has very little water pressure (water temperature changes constantly as well). The room was small and the mattress had reached its expiration date many moons ago. If you open the windows (remember no AC) than the neighbors may wave at you.

The upside, it’s a short six minute walk to the nearest subway station and the hotel is easy on the budget. I gave Hotel Villa Patrizi a 2-star rating since it was very inexpensive so it will be “good-enough” if you rather spend your money on tours (like me) than lodging.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed February 9, 2017

I was on this Hotel in May with may family, is good located near the subway , and simply you get on Spanish Steps, not big rooms but well done and clean and nice.
quite, seem to be in a countryside, is not expensive hotel but compere at the price is the best deal of my live. thank you for your hospitality .

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank caffj
Reviewed January 5, 2017

I hesitated until now to hear apologies from this strange location though I booked it for April 2016. The insects (ants) in bed (sic!), hardly anything for breakfast, clogged bathroom, bad smell etc. he only thing I have to add: please stay away from this "hotel". 4 stars must have been dropped there by sheer mistake. I am VERY disappointed. I am also disappointed by booking.com for not providing me any effective assistance in claiming money...

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business