“Good Hotel,close to all the major sites”

Residenza Antica Roma
Ranked #322 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good Hotel,close to all the major sites”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My sisters & myself stayed in this Hotel recently.We were on a birthday trip to Rome for a few days.
We found the Hotel staff & the owner very friendly,helpful & the rooms clean & comfortable.
The main attractions are close by & we found the hop on & off bus very useful for two days.
There are lots of small restaurants nearby,we also went to an Opera evening in a nearby Church!
I would stay there again & can highly recommend this Hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank irisbeadsmoore

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Hoover, Alabama
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The hotel is in a great location and service was prompt and courteous. The breakfast is not American style but it is nice being able to sit on the covered porch in the morning and the cakes were quite good. They have cereals, breads, ham, and fruit as well. The rooms we had were good size and clean but as a family of four we took two rooms to ensure space. The rooms were next door to each other which was perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Berkshire, UK
Reviewed 27 March 2012

It would be hard to bear the location of this hotel - just a few minutes from the Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and Via del Corso. The Colosseum and Vatican/St Peter's are within walking distance.

We had a room at the back of the hotel (32), so no traffic noise. The room was on the third floor, near a useful vending machine. The room and bathroom were both a good size, and the decor was very ornate. We had breakfast on one of the days we stayed, and it was OK - on other days we went to nearby cafes.

The staff were friendly and helpful. We were only able to enter the hotel by one of the staff "buzzing" us in at the front door, so security was good. The hotel wi-fi was excellent, we could connect to it without any hassle.

The only downside is that the Via del Tritone is looking a bit run-down these days, hopefully in the future the area will be restored.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter - Via del Tritone is a very busy main road.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Just returned from our trip to Rome. This hotel is in an excellent location 2 mins from metro, 2 mins from trevi, 4 mins spagna, 10 mins Collosseum. Fantastic! The hotel is ont he main road so it's always easy to find and doesn't involve navigating a maze of side streets. Lots of good restaurants nearby as well.

Our room was small but perfectly formed, clean and with a big comfy bed. The bathrom was spotless and had a great shower. I wouldn't recommend if you have a buggy or young kids as the lift is so tiny so I can imagine it being a big hassle.

Breakfast was the normal continental stuff. Service by hotel staff was great, good travel advice and made reservations for dinner etc.

Air con in the rooms, windows that actual open properly (I HATE it when they openly open a bit!)

Shop around for prices on this hotel as I found the variation between websites was enormous.

A great stay in all. Highly recommend

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2012

My Fiancee and I went to Rome for the first time for our 2nd year anniversary...he secretly arranged a bottle of prosecco by emailing Paulo (great man!)... so as I entered the room, there was a lovely bottle on ice waiting for me! Paulo also let us check in early! All staff are very kind and helpful. We spent 4 nights and 5 days in Rome. Our room was on the 4th floor...very spacious, bathroom is small but we were told to expect this as the norm for majority of Roma hotels! I loved the room, the red and gold wallpaper...it was all so traditional and romantic!

I cannot recommend this hotel enough! Absolutely amazing! Central to everything! You turn left and you get to Trevi Fountain, turn right and you get to Spanish steps! We walked to all the famous sights apart from colosseum and vatican where we took the metro (also a good experience!

I would recommend to book tickets for the colosseum and vatican museum beforehand as the queues are quite long!

A word of warning : It is very easy to get conned! We met a couple that told us they got ripped off by rose sellers ( you will find many rose sellers!)...also my fiance and I got conned by men dressed as roman gladiators outside the colosseum (again you will find many men like this outside famous buildings)...the men insisted we take a photo with them, but we said no, within seconds they put a gladiator hat etc on my fiance and asked me to take a picture...we had no clue we'd have to pay for this so I took a picture...then he asked me to stand next to my fiance and take a pic with the other gladiator dudes and so i did and then they asked for money...my fiance and I thought we would give about 5 euros so we handed him a 10 euro note and he looks at us with disbelief and says 10 euros per person! And we were gobsmacked! 10 euros per person for taking a picture with MY CAMERA! You've got to be joking! We gave the money and weren't at all happy! So we sat down and observed these men...not only did they rip us off-they also ripped off young kids! We were shocked! I would advise you to stay away from these men unless you really want to spend 10 euros and take a picture with them.

So after each day of walking around sight-seeing, we would come back to a lovely clean room. I forgot to mention the bathroom has a shower (no tub) and they provide amenities such as shower gel, cap etc. The room also has a fridge and a little safe in the fridge (odd I know!), but it was quite handy!

Level 3 has a vending machine...hot chocolate was not so good! You could get a variety of snacks and chocolates.

I would recommended eating the nutella gelati at Alice's gelateria...so you walk out of the hotel and turn right, past sephora, cross the road and take a sharp right and just walk straight till you come to the gelati shop-we tried many gelati places but this one was the best! Also a handy tip if you walk straight on you will come to spanish steps! How convenient is that!

Restaurants at spanish steps were amazing! Some were pricey but some were quite reasonable.We found the food in Rome to be quite expensive, but it was delicious and well worth it! We would definitely go back again! And would definitely go back to Antica Roma...a lovely hotel and a great experience!

Thanks to all the staff that made our trip so perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 4 and 5 are larger
3 Thank Addicted_to_travel87
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Just returned from a trip to Rome, myself and my wife enjoyed our visit to Rome. This was helped by the perfect location that this hotel is situated. We would gladly stay there again. Comfortable room with hot water, what more can you ask for? Thank you Antica

2 Thank Honest_man1982
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed as a couple for 3 nights.
The location is perfect. we only used the public transport to get from & to the Termini and the Airport.
Walking distance from major attractions (Pantheon, Fontana di Tervi, Spanish stairs etc), near good restaurants.
Very helpful staff, nice room, pretty clean.
Could improve the breakfast (cheap cheese, not enough bread & muffins).
the shwoer is small (no bath) and could use some renovation.
Already recomended it, would love to come again.
Arividerc'ie :)

Room Tip: Forth floor, double windows - no noise at all. room 47 in heaven...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple