2 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$110
eDreamsUS$133
TravelocityUS$148
1,443 results
All reviews trevi fountain spanish steps great location piazza barberini walking distance street noise heart of rome the breakfast area metro station buffet breakfast nice breakfast small hotel trip to rome main attractions yogurt luxury marco
Selected filters
Reviewed November 1, 2020

I discovered this storied hotel last year, and returned recently, looking forward to another five star experience. I was not disappointed.

The level of service provided at this hotel is extraordinary.
Many hotels have reduced staff and services, due to the pandemic.
But here, you'll find an active, professional, hardworking, 24 hour reception team, bell hops, breakfast crew, waiters, and housekeepers, who make everything seem effortless.

Upon arrival I was whisked to a lovely room. The bell hop, from Sicily, beams like the sun, adding further wattage to the hotel’s glow, and a warm welcome.

Once in my room, another delightful staff, Marco, brought a bottle of wine on a silver platter. The presentation was cinematic. The entire staff here is sublime, and at the top of their game.

At one point during my stay, I moved to their luxury suites, a few steps away, with elegant, modern decor, and self set climate controls.

I was planning to visit Capri after Rome, but found it hard to leave the hotel, and The Eternal City. So I ended up spending the entire time here instead.

The dignified gentleman at the front desk is a true professional, who ensures everything runs smoothly. He arranged an elegant taxi to the airport when I left, at a lower cost than a normal cab. While I waited, the wonderful bar staff served a beautiful tea set, a lovely sendoff.

Set in a gorgeous, safe area, the best shops, restaurants, and landmarks, qre all within walking distance. The rates here are amazingly reasonable, especially considering the high caliber experience, stellar location, extensive staff, and top level service provided. The only problem is, you won't want to leave.

1  Thank nomadtraveler2020
F A, Marketing at Hotel Stendhal, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2020

Dear Customer, It is really a pleasure for us to read the commentary on your stay. I personally want to thank you for having found the time and the words to describe your impressions about us and our hotel. I'm glad you could appreciate the comfort of our luxury, sober and refined, where the generous spaces create a warm and welcoming environment like that of your own home. We are also grateful for the words spent on our staff, who obviously knew how to meet your expectations and needs. Everything we do, what distinguishes us, is only the attention to detail, like the real hosts who welcome not just guests, but welcome friends, to let him live a warm and harmonious experience away from the impersonality and monotony of places already seen. We will be happy to welcome you here again, to start from where we left off. Best wishes, Franco Ascoli – HS ROME

Reviewed October 13, 2020 via mobile

An ideal location and hotel to scout and enjoy the city of Rome, while making use of their friendly services.

The comfy big rooms make for a perfect rest, while the fabeolous Break-fast does the rest to get started on your adventure.

Thanks for the great stay!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
F A, Proprietario at Hotel Stendhal, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2020

Dear Guest,
First of all, we would like to thank you for your review. We are happy that he appreciated the friendliness of our staff, the attention to detail that characterizes our home. Our goal is not only to provide a service of excellence, but to be able to go beyond the expectations of our guests. Therefore, reviews like yours are the most important reward for us. With the hope of welcoming you soon, we offer our best regards.

Reviewed October 5, 2020 via mobile

We had booked this hotel , Hotel Stendhal, for one night because our airline had changed our flight from Friday the 2nd of October to the 1st of October. We had booked another hotel from the 2/10 but they we’re closed, shut down. We prolonged our stay at the hotel Stendhal. I’ve never had such a good experience at a hotel in Rome. The staff is fantastic, breakfast very good, very clean and nice rooms with comfortable beds. And the location is very good.
I can very much recommend this hotel!!

Christina

Date of stay: October 2020
F A, Proprietario at Hotel Stendhal, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2020

Dear Christina,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Stendhal as your home in the Eternal City
and for sharing these lovely comments about your recent stay with us.
We are thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your stay so much and
we look forward to welcoming you back soon to another memorable stay.
Best regards
Franco Ascoli – PR manager

Reviewed September 2, 2020

Just checked into this amazing Hotel for a 5 night stay. I do not usually write a review at the start of my trip, but this little gem of a Hotel deserve it. If i can give this hotel 10 stars, I would. I am so looking forward to the rest of my stay. Service and attention to detail is World Class! Room Decor and Cleanliness is 10 star. Excellent city centre location beside Barberini Metro station. Do not stay anywhere else in Rome, but here!!

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
F A, Proprietario at Hotel Stendhal, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2020

Reviewed March 22, 2020 via mobile

I was immediately impressed with the calm and friendly service as provided by all staff at Hotel Stendhal during the recent Covid 19 lockdown during my stay. While some guests were not displaying the best behaviour, the staff never faltered. Great location, a lovely breakfast area and a serenely quiet room - all reasons for me to further recommend.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank OttawaShar
HtlStendhal, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Hotel Stendhal, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2020