Pop Inn Hostel
  • Free Internet
  • Room Service
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2012

I agree with the poster below - I accidentally booked for the wrong date (30 April instead of 30 June) when I booked on 24 April. Realised the mistake and emailed at 7am on 25 April asking to change booking. They put a hold on my debit card AND charged me in full for the room so charged me twice. Were extremely rude and wouldn't reply to emails. BEWARE I WOULD NEVER BOOK THIS HOSTEL. They are money hungry rip-off artists and horrible to deal with.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Emma S
Pop_Manager, Responsabile reception at Pop Inn Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear costumer,

we did charge your credit card just once for the late cancellation fee, and not in full, but for the 1st night amount, according with our cancellation policy. The first operation is just the 1st night authorization (block) that we usually make to guarantee any booking, and it has already unblocked. We did reply to all your emails, also trying to explain you about this difference, even though it seems our effort was no use.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

This Hostel has what may be the most ridiculous and unforgiving cancellation policy on the planet. We were charged the full rate of the room for cancelling our reservation a full 5 days in advance of our stay. I certainly can understand a 24 hour policy, but 5 days. What is worse their website does not indicate that this time frame is in effect. Several communications to the establishment to discuss this aberation were never returned. Never again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank gumdoc45
Reviewed 21 March 2012

I stayed in one of the private rooms. The room was huge but no ac.
The location is only good because it's close to the station but that's about it!
Oh and up like 100 flights of stairs.
Wouldn't stay again but doesn't mean I would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Location is the best thing abt the hostel. If you are looking for a good night's sleep this is DEFINITELY not the place to be. Everything else is just OK.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2012

There is so much to do in Rome, one can't expect to stay all cooped in a hostel! My friend and I stayed at the Pop Inn for a couple of nights in the winter. Although there were no heaters, they provided many blankets or warmth. There were no working showers on our side of the building so we would have to leave our floor and go down the hall to the next one. The bathrooms were big and clean and one was always free.

There is no shared kitchen but there is one shared common room. They also have two computers with Internet but it's expensive to use.

The location of the Pop Inn was fantastic. It was right by the train station so it was perfect because there were subways going to all parts of Rome, trains going to all parts of Italy, and there is also a $14 train ride to the airport.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends