See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed September 19, 2016

The location is situated in a good area, at a few minutes from Vatican and from Metro. The building is quite old style with marble and wood.
The stuff is very kind and ready to help.
We didn't enjoy, though, the fact that sometimes there was a bad smell in the bathroom. We had to buy a freshener so that we can get along with it.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank xmbog
Reviewed June 22, 2016 via mobile

Great hotel very central. Room.was adequate size. Area was safe even at night. Hotel staff was very helpful with tips regarding traveling on train and buses. She was also able to give tips on sites to visit.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2015

This hotel is situated close (7 mins walk) to the Ottavino Metro. In a residential area, off-season it is quiet and very safe to walk from the Metro or the Vatican area. Google earth will show the area and using the 'Lemongrass Gelato' shop, I was able to locate it easily and pulled a suitcase. I didn't see any available taxi stand close by. The lift that serves all floors is old and narrow but worked efficiently - there would be a problem if it didn't as there are close to 200 steps to climb to the third floor. I had requested a room away from the elevator (it is outside the actual hotel) and away from reception and I was given the room closest to both, however there was little noise throughout my stay so this was not problematic. Check in was easy, I was expected and there was no insistence on paying the outstanding city tax for a few days. The room was spacious with a very large double bed, the furniture solid if a little old, and the bathroom with loo, shower, bidet, and wash-basin was modern, working well and finished with tile. Whilst the towels in this hotel have been critiqued as paper thin by others, they are not luxurious but sufficient for need. Free coffee (weird foam) was not to my taste, but the tea and hot chocolate were welcome. No orange juice available any morning before I left. Bed was made up everyday with one sheet change and towels changed almost everyday. Cleanliness was excellent. I was supplied with a map and some info that helped me initially. The Vatican Museum and Square are a 10 minute walk. Two buses (70 and 23) taking you to Plaza Navona area (Pantheon) and Trastevere areas respectively, stop a 5 minute walk away, turning right as you leave hotel and then left at T junction with a seat supplied. Note: coming back they take a slightly different route. There is a McDonalds close to the metro station with medium English spoke - handy for breakie as the cafes on the hotel street were not open. Couple of little convenience stores close by are also handy, but be careful with the one just around the corner from the hotel as he over-charges from marked price. A family (2 adults and 2 small kids) stayed in the room next to me for 2 nights and the noise levels seeped through as though I was in the same room. This and the noise of the doors would suggest that this could be a noisy place in the Summer season, but I found it ok as not at full capacity and I can sleep through noise. There was no DVD/CD player provided but may have been available on request and I didn't try the TV. I would recommend this as a very cheap option for a hotel Rome if you are on a budget and rate the location, cleanliness and safety as excellent.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank TinaDeLask
Reviewed March 15, 2015

We were two adults and a 7-year old boy in a three bed-room for 4 nights and we enjoyed much our stay. The hotel was clean and quite, the stuff friendly and for breakfast there is the the great bar Alfredo e Lia on the other side of the road or the little more modern bistro Luma near by. As a bar for drinking italian beers and eating great italian tappas we would recommend La Zanzara. We could walk to all sights, only to the Colosseum we used the underground for one way. From the Vaticano-stop of the bus-shuttle in Via Crescenzio (6 euro per person) it is an easy 15 minutes walk to San Pietrino.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2014

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is also near the Vatican and a short walk from the subway. The hotel was also pretty close to shopping and very good restaurants.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple