“Bed bugs”
Review of M&J Hostel

M&J Hostel
Ranked #797 of 1,166 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 21 March 2012

This is probably the worst experience I have had in Rome. I travel a lot and I will not recommend this hostel to anyone. There were bugs in the bed, the electrical plugs were scary and the room price form at the back of the door indicated a price much lower than we were charged. You have to pay with cash during the chek-in, so once you see the room is too late. They have a video in the web showing the rooms and it is NO EVEN closer to what you find.
The rest of the trip was amazing. I recomend visiting Rome.

Room Tip: Don't go to this hostel. There are many options in Rome, some of them very interesting. But be c...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 13 March 2012

The manager is very helpful with customers. He helped us search and book the hostels in the next part of our trip. You can get to anywhere in the city by Rome termini station which is only 5 minute walk away. Try the 3 euro breakfast to save money.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 25 February 2012

i had heard only HORRIBLE things about M&J (including recent bed bugs), but i had already reserved a room. i was able to find an even better room at a much better price elsewhere, so i was going to cancel my reservation at M&J. when i got there, the once friendly staff turned extremely rude. the manager yelled at me, a young girl traveling alone, and even referred to himself as a "bad manager". the rest of his staff looked embarrassed and ashamed to even be associated with him and the hostel. i have never been treated so poorly by someone in my entire life and will continue to spread the word of how miserable it is

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank worldt144
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We had an awful time in this hostel.

We found BEDBUGS in our bed in the morning. We've shown the bedbug to the manager who was unwilling to help. He said that he never had this problem and suggested it was our fault. After returning home, we saw plenty of Tripadvisor reviews on the hostel stating they had the same problem and that the hostel had bedbugs before.

Just avoid this hostel because of the mean staff and bedbugs!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2012

The rooms are very cold.The smell in tne room is very bad.The price is not good.Just breakfast is okey but the rest is awful.There is no elavator in hostel.Very bad hostel...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I did not plan to go Rome, i made this decision at the last min. I chose M&J coz it is close to the Rome termini and it is actually very central. You can visit many places in Rome starting from here, especially for bus, Metro and train. I love it. Very convenient. Room is worth to your money but I appreciated the support from staffs in the hostel, very helpful, and friendly. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 December 2011

# I stayed at this hostel for a night because I didn't know how long I will stay. It turned out to be really nice. The receptionists helped me out a lot and showed me all the good places to go to. There is so much to do in Rome! So I stayed for another 3 days to see and do 3 days at the hostel. Had loads of fun. Would stay again!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo