“Awesome!”

Fortyseven Hotel Rome
Ranked #80 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 23 February 2012

My fiancé and I went to Florence to visit some family and we wanted to stay in Rome for three nights. I found this hotel and we absolutely love it! It's really nice, clean, modern, and the service was great! The bathroom was a full bathroom with a large shower. I really enjoyed my stay and iwould recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed: March 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (1,917)

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I booked into this hotel for New Years Eve, i was given a room on the lower floor, however I preferred a high floor. The staff were happy to allocate me another room on the top floor with a balcony.
Very helpful staff, we required a doctor, the hotel sent one when requested and the Doctor was also very friendly and helpful.
The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and all the major tourist attractions.
i will defiantely retrun this year for a second trip!

Room Tip: Request the top floor!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 February 2012

Fantastic hotel which just finished off a superb break in Rome. Couldn't have asked for anything else and the breakfast's are gorgeous and excellent value. If we would ever be lucky enough to go and visit Rome again, we'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2012

A lovely,modern and spotlessly clean hotel. The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful. Beautiful rooms. We booked a standard room and got a 5th floor room with a balcony. Although it was not included we asked for wifi and the receptionist said this was free and gave us a code. I had mentioned on booking that we were celebrating our wedding anniversary and there was a card and a bottle of wine waiting for us in our room. Breakfast was very nice with hot and cold choices. We walked everywhere and it felt a very safe area. Colleseum is just around the corner. Vatican is further but a nice walk along the river. Just across the road is a bridge over the river to the Trastevere area. This is a fantastic place to stroll the cobbled streets and there are lots of lovely places to eat at very reasonable prices. This hotel is in a perfect location. If you are flying with Ryanair, this hotel is featured in their in-flight magazine and if you present your boarding pass you get a free drink on arrival, free wifi (which we were given anyway) and a free room upgrade subject to availability. If going to Rome again I would not stay anywhere else. Don't hesitate to book, you won't regret it.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank walkerspad
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We stayed last weekend for a family birthday trip.
Having read the reviews, we were expecting something quite special, and were a bit disappointed that this was not the case. Theres nothing wrong with this hotel at all, if you are seeking a solid functional hotel in Rome, but I dont think it particularly warrants the rave reviews on TA.
We've stayed in Rome previously, and really liked this particular location. Its easy to walk to the major attractions, and also along the Tiber. Most rooms have a great view (although the traffic can be noisy), and you have a real feeling of space and history.
The rooms are clean and functional. The communal areas downstairs are also clean and functional, and the roof top restuarant was closed due to snow during our visit.
The breakfast buffet was pleasant and adequate for what you would expect in this type of hotel.
We had 3 dinner recommendations from the hotel during our stay, and 2 of them didnt live up to our expectations. Theres a restaurant a few minutes walk away (cant remember the name), but it must be the nearest to the hotel. The setting was very nice, and trendy, but the food was poor, and the wine selection and service was worse. Avoid.
The hotel staff at Fortyseven were excellent, and thats what makes a real difference. Because of the snow, guests were having various difficulties in moving around. It hadnt snowed in Rome for 25 years, so everyone was thrown, however, I have to say that the reception staff especially did their very best to resolve issues and problems.
Overall we had a good weekend, and the hotel was in line with the price we paid.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank GN&CB
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We were in rome for a few days last summer and we stayed at the fortyseven hotel. I must say the location was great and it was easy to walk everywhere from the hotel. The rooftop terasse was also quite nice. We went for drinks there after our day in the city.

The rooms were ok. The bed was comfortable, but I don't have anything special to add.
Breakfeast was good...I especially liked the coffee.

The service was not great however...when we ordered a drink it often take more than 20-25 minutes for someone to come see us and take our order. Plus we did ask for dinner recommendations, and we were not always very satisfied.

I would recommend this hotel as the location and rooms of this hotel were good...however if you are going for a special occasion or are really looking for a 5 stars experience, I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frederica84
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Really enjoyed my stay here. The front desk staff were especially nice and helpful. The location was very convenient to much of the sightseeing. I never did get to the rooftop restaurant to eat because all the days I had free they closed it for a private party. Plenty of good restaurants nearby in any case. Also the hotel is close to the river where there is a trail down by the water that was very nice for running or walking.

• Stayed: November 2011