“Great way to end a week packed with monuments and museums!”
Review of Trustevertastes

Trustevertastes
Ranked #18 of 75 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Trustevertastes, your cooking experience, learning about a culture through a cooking experience. We start every morning meeting you in one of the oldest market place in the ancient Rome, Trastevere; we buy what we will cook we proceed with a walking food tour through through the neighborhood. We then reach our location in a building of 15th century with the windows overlooking the magnificent Santa Maria In Trastevere basilica and its square. Be prepared to an experience through the Italian cuisine tradition you will cook an Italian full menu and you will enjoy your lunch in the elegant dining room. We will do our best to make your experience memorable, and will take away with you tastes smells and traditions as a souvenir.
Reviewed September 4, 2018

Paola was more than helpfull before we arrive. Then when we met her we had a very fun filled visit to the markets to buy our ingredients once we had decided what to cook. We live in Australia so most of our shopping happens at the supermarket and the occasional farmers market on a weekend - so this was lovely to do for a change. The people we met were lovely and the kids (two boys 14 and 12 and a girl 10) were entranced by the lady at the fish counter who was preparing squid at an astounding rate of knots!! The chese and small goods shop was a delight and very interesting and smelly! The cooking we did was lots of fun. Ravioli making, stuffing squid and making ice cream. It was a lovely way to spend a relaxing laughter filled day at the end of a weeks sight seeing with a lovely meal to follow!

paola e carlo f, Proprietario at Trustevertastes, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Thanks Ann

"trastevere"
in 7 reviews
"blast"

Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

My two kids (aged 7 and 9) joined a gelato class along with two British kids from another group had a 1.5 hour Gelato making class. The Gelato tasted good and generally a pleasant experience for the kids. An issue though - kids had to pay adult fee ($75 per head) if there were no adults in the class, and I was only told so after the class finished. A surprise to me and Paola could have managed our expectation better by telling us when we booked it (while I told her its would just be kids due to my dietary conditions).

paola e carlo f, Proprietario at Trustevertastes, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

Dear customer
the gelato class is not a class for kids and we have created a discounted fare for kids accompanying paying parents. This is clearly written in our product information sheet and you have been previously informed through email that discounted rate for kids available when accompanied by at least one paying adult. The other 2 kids too have paid the full rate.
Thanks for the recognition of the class contents and the quality of the gelato.
Best regards

Paola
Teacher & Cookery owner

Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

My daughter, 15, son, 12, and I had THE BEST time at our private Trustevertastes gelato making class. My husband came along to watch.

Before our trip, I communicated via email with Paola to inquire about which class would be best for us. Paola was responsive and informative.

We rented an apartment on Via del Moro in the Trastevere neighborhood of Rome. Trustevertastes was literally about 1 minute from us, right at Piazza di Santa Maria. It’s not far from the river and easy to find.

Ring the bell at the door of this nondescript building. You’ll be buzzed in. Head up the stairs to the first floor and enter a hip and welcoming space. Paola and Elese (I hope I spelled that correctly) spent the next 1.5-2 hours teaching us how to make gelato, how to speak a bit in Italian, and how to live la dolce vita.

We felt like we were spending time with old friends in a beautiful space. We snacked throughout the entire time on homemade biscotti and meringues.

My kids raved about the experience and want to return for the pasta making class.

I highly recommend Trustevertastes and will return on our next visit to Rome.

Reviewed June 17, 2018

The cooking experience with Paola was truly a highlight of our trip to Rome! Making the Carbonara and Cacio e Pepe was so special and memorable for my 16 year old daughter, my brother and me. I want more NOW actually. The flavors of those dishes along with Paola's education and warmth in cooking was delightful! Thank you for a very special day together.