“Comfortable Enough If The Price Is Good...”

Hotel Club House Roma
Ranked #549 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I stayed here for 2 nights during a 12-day European coach trip with Expat Explore, which started from London.

I believe that this hotel was chosen by the tour company based on its reasonable price without compromising on comfort, and its easy accessibility to the city centre by metro. It is situated in a rather safe neighbourhood, as we did not feel threatened while walking between the hotel and the metro station of Cornelia on several occasions.

The location of the hotel is rather far from the city centre, though. It is closer to the Vatican City, if you know Rome well. But all hotels in central Rome can be extremely expensive even though the standard is low. So, if you can compromise on the distance by paying a lower price, this is a good hotel to stay at, because the metro station is easily accessible (10-minutes walk) and there are some very nice restaurants/pizzerias around (you can read all about my separate reviews on them here on TA).

I was given a room on the ground floor, which has a door opening to a small garden. As I was staying alone, I was rather scared of this and decided to put my luggage against that door. The rooms is small in size, as are most hotel rooms in Rome of similar standard - I have been to Rome about 8 times, so I know.

Despite the size, my room was clean and comfortable, the shower has strong pressure and there was plenty of hot water. My (double) bed was comfortable but as one of the reviewers have mentioned, the walls are quite thin. If you were unfortunate enough like me, to have noisy guests next door, you will hear them rather clearly. Good thing they only stayed for 1 night!! I had a very peaceful second night after a really tiring day out and about.

I did not pay for this hotel as it is included in the tour price, but I did check on the rates and found them to be reasonable when the hotel offers “special deals” (around £55). If I can get this price for my next visit to Rome, I will stay here again, but if the price goes beyond £75, I will look for somewhere nearer the city to stay.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannisze
Clubhouser, Responsabile reception at Hotel Club House Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2016

we thank You for the time spent to write about your experience in our Hotel.
The review of our Guests are very important for us in order to improve our quality standard and to understand if our job meet the satisfaction of our Clients.
Hoping to welcoming You again in our Hotel, the Management and all the Staff remain,

Reviewed 13 November 2016 via mobile

The location of the hotel nearby the subway and only 8 min from city center is good

Unfortunately the room is not similar at all with the pictures on the hotel.com and booking.be website

Our room is old, carpet not clean at all. I am really disappointed about the room that does not correspond with the room we booked on the website. Bathroom and bedsheets are clean.

Staff is friendly.

Stayed: November 2016

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

Im not really sure why this hotel had 4 stars when I booked it. It was filthy, extremely small and definitely not a 4 star hotel. The walls and ceilings and bathdoom was disgusting. The room was so tiny the bed was literally a couple inches from bed and you had no room to walk anywhere. The walls were so thin I heard every single conversation the other rooms had. I heard them at 5 am when i was trying to sleep and every time they opened their bathroom door or a cabinet or rolled over in bed. You can say my sleep was awful. The beds gave me and my boyfriend the worst back aches when we woke up too. Also this hotel is far away from everything. It takes 20 or 30 min to get anywhere by train

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Clubhouser, Responsabile reception at Hotel Club House Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2016

Reviewed 3 October 2016

+ location near subway and bus, but far from center;
+very good price for 2 nights, breakfast included;
+ great breakfast;
+ friendly staff;
+ wifi;
- very small room, but clean;
Overall, a very nice experience.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Clubhouser, Responsabile reception at Hotel Club House Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2016

Reviewed 1 October 2016 via mobile

This hotel has its pros and cons - you get what you pay for I guess.

For us, it was a place to sleep and eat breakfast - so tick.

The staff weren't overly friendly but we've had worse. The breakfast was a little repetitive, but there was plenty of choice.

The room was tiny and you could barely swing the proverbial cat, the wardrobe was on the tilt as well and needs replacement. The bathroom was decent except the toilet was right behind the door. It missed basic facilities like a kettle and an iron.

The location - a 45 min walk to the Vatican or around 6 or 8 stops from the vast points of interest - very convenient as its very easy to get around Rome.

There's plenty of decent places to eat 10 mins walk away as well.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Clubhouser, Responsabile reception at Hotel Club House Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Reviewed 29 September 2016

A fine place to stay, but it's kind of outside of the city. Our room smelled very badly of mildew, in fact, my clothes smelled bad from the hotel room for the rest of my trip. Breakfast was good. Would recommend if you're looking for a budget place outside of the city.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 September 2016 via mobile

This hotel is excellent value and the location is very close to the metro a 7 min walk. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is plentiful, even had bacon and scrambled eggs along with all the normal continental breakfast sweet pastries. We wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple