Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Sentosa Island, Singapore
“Great B&B”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

We looked for accomodation near the Vatican, and Rosa's B&B was absolutely ideal. Just a road crossing away...allowed us to get to the Basilica early in the morning when there's absolutely no crowds to jostle with. Rosa's b&b is spotlessly clean, cosy and had everything we needed for a short comfortable stay. Rosa and her helper, Melda are both really helpful, and would be able to provide whatever information you may need about Rome. The breakfast provided is varied and ample and a delight to receive in the morning. It would have been great if a bottle of water is provided for each of the day a guest is in. Rosa's b&b is highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased you enjoyed your visit, as we're always here to help and make sure everything goes perfectly.
Rosa Maria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Korean first
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

I returned for another stay in February 2012. Rosa Maria was very hospitable, and very caring as it was the first time it had snowed for 25 years so she called to check we were well, and offered us accommodation should flights be cancelled.

The room, Sun apartment, was the same, clean, comfortable. The bathroom has a great shower, wall radiator for keeping your towel warm & everything you'd expect.
The bedroom, has a built in kitchenette in the cupboard (you need to see it to appreciate it), tv, breakfast items, in room safe, chaise lounge and table & chairs.

Good value for money & especially worth considering if you want to be close to the Vatican. Its about a 10 minute walk (maximum) to the Vatican, and a further 10 to the underground. However, buses go from almost right outside your apartment.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share again your feedback on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay in our apartment.
I certainly hope to see you in the future.
Cannock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Rosa Maria is exceptionally helpful and her advice added to the overall enjoyment of our holiday.The room was spotless,the breakfasts excellent and the position of the B&B was perfect.Fantastic!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kevin a
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
I am truly delighted to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us and it is a pleasure to note that you found our service and position excellent.
Your kind comments are truly appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Rocheport
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband arrived late (After 9 PM) by cab from the airport. Rosa Maria was there to greet us and saved us almost 20 euros that the cab driver was going to overcharge us! She gave us a through orientation, a cold drink and made sure we had everything we needed before leaving us to settle in. The next morning we met Melody, who is a wonderful young lady with very good English. She served us a nice breakfast and gave us good information and tips about the area. Rosa Maria, met with us each morning to make sure we had the right information and helped us make good decisions about bus routes and places to go. I must admit I was a bit intimadated going to Rome and sight seeing on our own--but we were so well taken care of by Rosa Maria and Melody that our trip was perfect.
Our room was immaculate, the food was nicely presented and tasty and the sevice above and beyond!!! Did I say we were 1 1/2 blocks from the Vatican!!!

Room Tip: our private bathroom was across the hall from our room, robes were provided, there was good lighting...
1 Thank weluvbb
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guests,
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro and would like to thank you for this kind review.
Indeed our location is very ideal for visiting the Vatican, situated just across our road.
It is always a pleasure to assist our guests in having an unforgettable experience in Rome.
Hope to see you again very soon.
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Rosa Maria was waiting for the taxi to drop me off at the B & B. From that moment on, she could not do enough for me. She showed me to my room, introduced me to Meldey, who gave me a much appreciated drink and then showed me the way to meet my tour at the Vatican Museum that afternoon. I arrived early and was shown to my room on arrival. Imagine checking in prior to 2 pm anywhere else! Rosa Maria, also organised a wonderful driver to take me to my early morning tour (6.30am), and he was there to pick me up at 8pm when the tour came back to Rome - this was very much appreciated! Marco - my wonderful driver, was also there to pick me up and take me to the airport, when my holiday had come to an end. The restaurant that Rosa Maria recommended was also wonderful and I ate there on several times. I was there on a special day where women are recognised with Mimosa Flowers - when I came back to my room, there was a bouquet in a vase for me - it made me feel special indeed! When I left, Rosa Maria gave me a gift of Chocolates for my daughters back home - I have never had such a wonderful and thoughtful host. Because of Rosa Maria, my holiday in Rome was perfect! Thank you to her and Meldey for a wonderful experience!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank NorthernBeachcomber
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro and for taking the time to share your review with us.
I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful experience in Rome and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Kind Regards,
Vero Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

What a find - in this b&b! Rosa is incredible. This was our first stop in Italy, and our first trip to Italy. Rosa gave us an incredibly warm welcome. She made sure that we knew where we were going, what was going on, and where to eat. The pizzaria around the corner that she recommended was the best! Her location is perfect, right near the vatican. We were there for the consistory, and I think we had better accommodations than people we met who were there for the event! All of the reviews are spot on. Melody is super welcoming and everything is perfectly clean. The breakfast is wonderful and timely. It was like staying with family - maybe better! When we return to Rome, no doubt - we will definitely stay with Rosa. She even has an apartment for larger groups that she mentioned. Don't look any further!

Dear Guests,
I appreciate you have taken the time to offer a feedback from your recent stay at Al Colonnato di San Pietro.
I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we not only met your expectations but exceeded them.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
East Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Upon arrival around 8.30pm (an hour late due to waiting for baggage!) Rosa Maria greeted us with the warmest welcome anyone could wish for. We had booked a driver to pick us up & drop us off at the airport which we would highly recommend.
She showed us to our room, brought us a drink and proceeded to tell us about the property, where is good to go for dinner (we wanted somewhere close by since we were quite late & tired from travelling for most of the day), told us about transport in the city, asked us our breakfast preferences and suggested some activites during our stay. The fact that she wasn't bothered that we were late or was rushing to get home made us feel truly welcomed, something you almost never get in a regular hotel or most B&B's we've stayed in.
The breakfast, brought to us by Rosa Maria's assistant, was beautiful, we didn't have particularly high expectations, but it certainly got our days off to a wonderful start and kept us going! The selection was excellent and varied slightly daily. She always had a smile and greeted us like long lost friends! Rosa was there on our first morning & advised us on where to go (with the help of our massive map!) and where wasn't a particular tourist spot.
We could not fault our stay in any way. Our room was spotless, had just the right amount of storage, a reasonable view from the window, extremely comfy bed & perfectly equipped bathroom - they even said that the next time we visit they will provide us with a cot in the same room. Just to highlight how close it is to The Vatican & St. Peters Square, the day we left we had walked through the square, had a look around the castle & back to collect our belongings, when we left with Rosa Maria to meet our driver, we could not only see, but hear the Pope from his window!
We will most definitely be back in the future & have already recommended it to friends and family.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
colonnato, Proprietario at Al Colonnato di San Pietro Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for leaving your review of Al Colonnato di San Pietro. It was great to meet you on your recent visit and I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly striving to provide a quality B&B and I am happy that you appreciated our breakfast. Hope to see you again soon.
Kindest regards,