See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed June 23, 2015

The staff was really nice and helpfull. Whatever problem we had, they fixed it at once. The only problem was the breakfast and the carpet in the room. The breakfast was a little bit boring on the 3rd morning and the carpet was (or at least seamed) dirty (because off all the guests using their shoes in the rooms and not taking them off). With sandals no problem. These were the two little things, that bothered us, but the overall rating is not excellent, but really good!I was satisfied with it!

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed June 6, 2015

Simple but clean and in really good location for everyone who'd like to visit the sights in the centre.
The breakfast is not varied but acceptable. The room was OK and the bathroom wasn't small either. Good choice.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank ViragM_6722
Reviewed April 26, 2015

This was by far the best hotel experience that my mom and I had in Italy for two reasons: 1. the location of the hotel and 2. the friendliness of the staff.

The location itself is right near Spanish steps, which allows you to knock out one of your sight seeing locations with ease. Also, since the Spanish steps is in the center of the city, it is very easy to navigate to anywhere you need to be in Rome, including the Vatican and Ancient Rome, which are both a 20 minute walk away in their respective directions

The staff of the hotel were super friendly and were willing to help us with taxi to fiumicino airport

The hotel room was pretty big with all basic equipment

There is no doubt in my mind that I would stay here when returning to Rome and I would definitely recommend for anyone to do the same ,

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Viktoria H
Reviewed April 8, 2015

My friend and I stayed in this hotel for 2 nights and wished we hadn't. first you have drag your luggage through 3 floors. the hotel corridors are too cramped and so are the rooms. The breakfast is so disappointing. We ran out of water in the morning in the bathroom and even after repeated appeals the staff refused to give us a different room. Instead of helping us out the staff was interested in when we were going to pay the tourist tax.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Praks1947
Reviewed March 9, 2015 via mobile

Like most of Rome the hotel has a few cracks and isn't the most modern, but what it lacks in those features it makes up for in others.

The staff are very friendly and super helpful, they get to know you and made us very welcome. The location is perfect. 5 mins to the Spanish steps, 5 to the trevi fountain. 20/25 to the Vatican. (If you can read a map!) Also a taxi rank is just across the road next to Deutsche bank (24hr ATM) so if you not up for walking you can easily get around. As is the metro.

Rooms are plenty big enough given you'll be out most of the time. Beds firm and the room is warm, with plenty of sheets. Whilst old it's all very clean and functional. Showers are powerful and hot, with clean towels every day. We had a room on the front which you could hear some traffic but nothing major. Also has AC. And a fridge. No safe, No tea/coffee in the room but there is a nice little shop underneath that does good espresso etc. Again not there to see the room

The hotel entrance is a little hidden but if you arrange a collection from the airport (€50 virtually the same price as normal taxi at €48) then you'll be shown the door. It's then up 10 steps to the lobby. Everything in Rome is up and down some steps so get used to it. It's an old city!

Breakfast is traditional Italian. Some may say basic but I think a good start. Tea/coffee, cereal, pastry and cake. You'll need room later for lunch and dinner anyway, so I wouldn't stock up, must meals are huge by European standards.

When I come back to Rome I'd happily stay hear again.

Thanks to the staff for being so nice! grazie

Stayed: March 2015