All reviews toilet roll fresh rolls restaurants bars close to termini train station great holiday continental style staff at reception very nice hotel cold meats travel agent average hotel location is excellent trevi fountain around the corner public transport mille bus
Reviewed October 28, 2017

Im giving this hotel 3 just because of two things...
1. Great location
2. The guys working 15-23, they made this stay more then great. Always helpful, always chatty and very serviceminded.

The room we got were very small.
The shower cabin was small and as a big fellow like me it was difficult to enter the cabin.
I dont like the extra cost the hotels charge you called "city tax" ... why isnt that included in the price you get when booking? We stayed for a week so when we checked out we had 84€ more to pay, really boring.
The breakfast was boring but not bad, i should say around average.
Not the best beds.
We had got an confirmation that we were getting two separated beds but when we arrived there was only one big bed. We didnt need to change room and when we got back after dinner the beds were separated :)

Is your target just to sleep, eat breakfast, shower before dinner then this hotel is perfekt. But if your plan is to stay more at the hotel, I have to say, choose another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2017

The room was clean as was the rest of the hotel. Staff were friendly and helpful. The breakfast buffet was nice, plenty of selection... cold meats, cheese, cereal,rolls, fruit, yoghurt and pastries. Tea, coffee and fruit juices. The hotel was very central to most things, with the termini station round the corner. Lots of restaurants nearby. I would say the rooms were very basic, no kettle for making drinks but downstairs was a vending machine for drinks and snacks. Bed was comfortable and I felt the room meet my needs as was out most of the day, coming back for shower and change then out again for the evening. I would recommend this hotel and would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank suecG6712FQ
Reviewed September 27, 2017

I read reviews on this site only after booking a room, and was not expecting too much. However, I arrived very early in the morning after fourteen hours of traveling, exhausted, and was not charged for checking in early. Roberto, one of the employees at the reception, was exceptionally helpful. All of the employees at this hotel are friendly and go out of their way to make your stay very nice. The room was quiet, clean and in very good order. The water pressure in my room was just fine, and especially strong at night. Common sense dictates that while three hundred others are showering one cannot expect the pressure to be as good. There was plenty of hot water. My room was always clean and had everything necessary. The wifi works well. The television is just fine, but since I was not in Rome to watch television I didn't bother with it. There was almost no noise. Breakfast was very nice every morning, with good selections of coffee, rolls, cheese, meat, and other things one would expect for breakfast, and all the food was fresh. I was pleasantly surprised, because, after reading poor reviews on this site, I was expecting much less. It is exceptional value for money. It is an 18th century building on a quiet, clean street just two blocks from Roma Termini station. Within a five minute walk there are two excellent museums: Diocletian's Baths, and Palazzo Massimo, both of which have antiquities on display. If you like to walk, you will find the Palatine Hill, Trajan's Market, and the Colosseum all a twenty to thirty minute walk away. The Piazza Spagna is also about a twenty minute walk, and so is the Pantheon. Trastevere is easily accessible by foot. If you like character buildings, a central location, and you value customer service and cleanliness, this is an exceptional place to stay. I would recommend it to friends and relatives, and I would be very happy to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ak the reception when you are checking in. They are very helpful.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank JayC3114
Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Let's start with the nice things about the hotel. The location - 2 min from Termini station; very friendly staff, ready to help you at any time. But this is all.
The lobby looks nice and clean and you can expect the same for the rest of the hotel, but it is not.
The room was tiny and when I say tiny I mean tiny. The distance between the bed and the walls is literally 1 foot, I'm not kidding. For two people is kind of hard to move around . There's no dresser, no place for luggage, no fridge, no hangers. Only one fake desk and chair that weren't helpful at all and make the room smaller.
The breakfast was joke, vending machine coffee (come on, we are in Italy), very poor choice of food - cheese, ham and salami, croissants, tomatoes and cucumbers, peaches and yogurt.
The only place for smoke was in front of the hotel, next to the main entrance with full ashtray all the time.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mira Y
Reviewed August 29, 2017

Don’t waste your money. The only good factor for this hotel is the proximity to the Termini Station. If you want to see any sights or go into the main centre of Rome, please be aware it is further than you think! 25 mins each way (ish) if you’re doing this x4 times a day, on top of walking around the attractions/monuments it can be a bit deflating. The Termini area is grotty, graffiti, rubbish, homeless, dirty. Nothing around really, I didn’t see any nice restaurants, bars or anything.

The hotel lobby is beautiful and It did make me think all the bad reviews were lies. That was until we checked in to our room. Oh my goodness. I’ve stayed in 3 and 4* hotels before and I wouldn’t even say this would hit a 3, maybe a 2 at a push.

There is mould on the bathroom tiles, a short black hair in the bath (which we hadn’t used), rusty bathroom sink taps, the room smelt like cigarettes. My skin was itching after a lay on the bed which was rock hard and so thin! We didn’t even unpack because I felt that my clothes would get dirty (and I’m no snob)

I ignored all the bad reviews thinking ‘’you always get some bad reviews’’ please believe them as they are so true, and I could have saved myself £70! The trip was for my partners birthday, and I really regretted booking this he was disappointed too which was upsetting.

We ended up checking out pretty much straight away – no refund obviously. I wasn’t too fussed as I just wanted to start to enjoy my holiday! We changed to the ‘’BDB Luxury Suites Hotel’’ 2 min walk from the Piazza Navona. So close to everything, even the Vatican City was only a 15 minute walk. A lovely, clean, modern, fresh, hotel! We had a massive mood change towards the holiday, and I’m so glad we moved!

Stayed: August 2017