See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed January 1, 2017 via mobile

We book a room at Ares Rooms for 2 nights and we were given room number 1. The staff was friendly and we did not have any problems during our stay. The wifi was good and the place was clean.
For the price we paid the location was perfect, 10 minutes walk from colosseum for example and other places.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bianca N
Reviewed October 26, 2016

Do NOT book here.
We arrived at hotel, nobody answered door on day 1. On day 2 no body was present.
I lost 2 nights of money for this hotel booking.
SCAM...it is a fraudulent property.
When I complained after my trip, they wouldn't even refund.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2016

Even though one could expect the quality of the rooms given the price, the place still has more flaws than good sides. For example, there is barely any hot water in the showers, the internet is very poor (once it was off for 2 days), and there are almost no utilities in the kitchen for the guests to use. Other than that, it is also very warm in the rooms. The biggest advantage of the stay is that it is very close to the central Rome locations, such as the Colosseum and the Metro and train stations. One more thing is related to the breakfast, since they say that breakfast is included, however, that includes only one croissant by choice and one small drink (only one - no water and coffee) in a coffee place nearby, which is very poor.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 25, 2016

I feel I need to speak about my experience staying in Ares Rooms. This was our first trip to Rome although we had traveled in Italy before and had really positive experiences. I had booked well in advance and was in contact with Fabrizio about the time of our arrival, around 9.30 - 10.00 in the morning. A pick up was also arranged from the airport at 47 Euros. I later paid 37Euros to be taken to the airport through a different hotel.at the end of our holiday for the flight home. When we arrived we could not get into the hotel. There was no bell for Ares Rooms but luckily we got inside when someone was going out. There was a small rickety lift and we made our way to the top floor. We knocked at the door for a long time, cleaning staff opened the door and let us in. They knew nothing about our arrival and after several hurried phone calls we were given a room. We were so tired after a 10 hour flight. . The shower was blocked and took ages to drain. The WiFi was dreadful and you had to hang out the window to get a signal. I saw one person who took my money for city tax, I had already paid for the room. I didn't see either of the managers again only the cleaning staff who were sweet. I feel really let down by the lack of care shown to new tourists. After being in touch and establishing some sort of rapport I found the reality really disappointing. I would not recommend this hotel at all.

Room Tip: Not recommended.
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Cons- There was no hot water at all- fine for the rest of the day, but my 5 year old really needed warm water in the mornings. We managed though.

Pros- I thought the breakfast was fantastic- in a little pastry shop 5 min away, with lovely staff. We had a choice of 10 delicious pastries, then coffee or tea. I asked for 2 waters instead and they were happy to swap it. These were bottles so we took them out with us for the day- win-win!
The room was fab- we had an en-suite which was great as it was private and better as a lone parent with a 5 year old. Sometimes you do need a little 1pm shower as it was so hot!! We had a fan as well which was a godsend. The staff were so helpful and kind- the lady from reception was very kind. The cleaning staff were very nice too and the man who helped us with our departure taxi was great.
The room was very comfortable and it met all our needs. We would definitely stay here again. We stayed in room 5.

We also had no issues with wifi. Tip for dinner- try the trattoria opposite- the ravioli in walnut sauce is TO DIE FOR! For cheap but so delicious eats- visit Zizzi pizza 5 min away- big pizzas for 7/8 euros. The Cavour metro station is very close, as are the bus stops by Maggiore church.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family