“Worst hostel on rome”
Review of The Yellow

The Yellow
Ranked #12 of 1,182 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

We were making a road trip through italia, for our last night we choose the yellow instead of another hostel near the central station, where we stayed at the beginning of our journey.
Such a lie about the room ! We were park into a such little room that you could only fit 2 single bed, walls and floor were dirty, and we can hear everything happen in the hallway and the stairs.
The room also have basement scent, moisture and dirt, such welcoming.
I feel like yellow stole my money.

Next time I’ll stay at generator again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,089)

Reviewed 15 September 2017

I loved everything about this hostel before something happened. I stayed for one night. When I was checking out, the reception guy asked to pay 3.50 € extra. Yes, I knew about this from the moment I booked it online. And I had already paid it when I was checking in. It was 28 € + 3.50 €. When I told about this, the receptionist asked to show the receipt. But what's the point? This extra sum is not written on the receipt anyway. I don't know which guy was not playing fair, the one who checked me in, or the one who checked me out. And when I refused to pay, he made it look like it was I who cheated. "Non vuoi pagare, pago io" :-(
This crossed out all the great things of the hostel. Sorry

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

I love Rome and visit often, I typically stay on the other side of Termini but decided to give this hostel a chance.

The hostel is well located, and it is great that there are food, bars even a hair dresser within the same street! You can walk to Termini and if you are ambitious most of tourist attractions you should see in Rome! The room was clean enough its usually the roommates that make it messy!!

My two complaints were first despite being promised air con everywhere our room did not have any, we had an old fan that was loud and did not work well. I stayed in one of the buildings across from the main building so maybe the main building had air con but this one did not. It was unusually hot in Rome in June so the old broken fan meant the room was hot and it was hard to sleep.

My second complaint is I did not book my stay with the hostels own website, I booked with booking.com because I was booking accommodation for a couple of months and honestly did not have time to visit each accommodations individual website to make bookings. Because I did not book on their website I got a white wrist band not a yellow one so even though I was staying at the hostel paying the same rate as everyone else I did not get to enjoy the food and drink discounts that came along with the yellow wristband. I honestly found that quite passive aggressive on the part of the hostel, and that is probably why I never visited the bar or restaurant associated with the hostel. Honestly I have stayed in hostels all over the world and this is the first time I was penalized for booking with a booking website.

The hostel definitely has positive points to it and I would recommend it to travellers for location and amenities, just make sure to book through there website if you want discount and confirm that your room does in fact have air con, Rome is hot

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 September 2017

What can I say.... It was the best hostel of my trip by far! The staff are friendly and welcoming, they've got great facilities, the bar just next door was incredible.

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm overlapping the weekend. The rooms are comfortable, clean and have great air con. The card for my door needed resetting a few times which was a little irritating at times.

The night life really was incredible. The bar staff are awesome, they had bands playing most nights I was there (Cold Play band was amazing!) and they had a well hidden mini night club downstairs. Even on Monday night the bar was packed!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

The staff is wonderful! So friendly and helpful. We did a tour with Marco. He was such a great guy! Genuinely cared about our stay and wanted to make sure we had a great time! Marco you are the man! Thank you so much!
-Your friends from California:)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Stayed in the yellow for 3 nights in July. This is 1 of the best hostels I've stayed in. Rooms are basic as with most hostels but it's just to get your head down. Shower and bathroom facilities good. Reception and chill out areas are cool places to hang out and over the road at the yellow bar is great. So many cool people coming and going, the bar is a great place to meet people from allover and the food is awesome too. I will definitely be returning to the yellow when I visit Rome again. 10/10

Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Awesome place, nice rooms. Stayed in a 4-bed dorm and no problems at all. Wonderful people and the bar is nice. Only thing I missed was some kind of shelf in the showers, but really not a deal breaker. Would stay again for sure.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
theyellow, front desk officer at The Yellow, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Ciao Annelie, thanks a lot for your kind review! We're super happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Yellow and we're already working to improve our facilities in the room. Hope to see you soon, all the best from the staff