“It was not what I expected....” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B Residenza Vaticana

B&B Residenza Vaticana
Ranked #1,184 of 3,731 Rome B&B and Inns
Georgia
“It was not what I expected....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

I always read the reviews before going somewhere and I have to remember that everyone's oppinions are different and viewed differently. This place reminded me of someone's guest room. The rooms were super small. My husband and I shared the one room from this previous pics (the one with the red room and red bed spread) but I did not see the nicer room, unless it was hidden somewhere else on this SMALL hallway of about 5 rooms. My kids (20 and 15) had a double bed room which was even smaller, no closet ( a sheet pulled over a space with some hangers). The bathrooms are VERY small and there is no way a bigger person is fitting in those showers. I do not know where the previous reviewers got the breakfast room pics, but that is not what it looks like. There are 3 SMALL tables in a tiny enclosed space. I was very disappointed in the selection. Not that I needed a large spread, but something. Cereal (had to use the warm milk from the coffee machine), some croissants (that were not fresh everyday), some unappealing cheese and meat) and than some packaged toast...., the coffee machine was not very good. So we were always hungry after an hour of leaving for the day. We only seen Mr. Vincensia (mentioned in other reviews) once and yes he did offer a place to eat, but it was not very good or worth the money. The woman that cleaned was only there in the morning and by afternoon was gone and people are left in the rooms with no assistance if something is needed. On a good note, the place was close to a lot of things and about 5 minutes from the metro. I probably would not stay here again or would I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ajsatch

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Kenai, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

Beautiful room and wonderful staff!!! Breakfast was great and more than enough to start your day! Walking distance of Vatican and much more and the area wasn't touristy which was great.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Sherman Oaks, California, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2011

Great location within walking distance of everything we needed - less than 20min walk from Piazza Navona and Castel St Angelo. The area has some lovely shops and restuarants without being overly "touristy". Breakfast was the italian standard - yogurt, packaged toast, cheese, ham, yummy croissants - nothing brilliant, but what we needed to get the day started. The elevator to get the luggage up was a godsend and the staff was very friendly and helpful as well. The downside was the tiny size of the room....although it was nicely decorated and kept clean, it was almost too small to move around in and allowed no place to put our clothes. The "closet" was difficult to manage and was basically useless. The bathroom was even smaller and my husband couldn't bend down in the shower to wash his legs - funny, but also made for a wet floor! The bed itself was hard and not too comfy, but I found that to be the case throughout the country. Overall I'd say it was a good value and good location, worth the price paid....but not the perfect place for a long term or super romantic visit to Rome.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annie S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4 days and were treated like we were family! Mr. Vicenzo, who sits at the front desk, I wanted to take back home with me! He and his staff are wonderful! Mr. & Mrs. Mix

• Stayed August 2011
Athens, Greece
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Near the Vatican,and a short walking distance from piazza del popolo and piazza di spagna.The stuff was very friendly ,nice breakfast served in room without additional fee,full equiped room.
We reccomend it!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Oakland, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

This place is great! Good Price, good location, wonderful staff and clean and decent rooms. It is just a few blocks off the river on the Vatican side (10-15 min walk to Vatican city) 10 minute walk to Piazza del Popolo and about a 30 min walk to the heart of Rome. 2 blocks from the subway, too! Perfect. Though I was traveling alone at this point in my trip, I felt safe staying there and supported by the staff when I had questions about anything. The staff in general and Vincenzo in particular were so great, they even sent me back by ipad charger to the USA free of charge after I left it in the room! Talk about service!

Room Tip: I would ask for the largest room available if you have such an option and it matters to you. My roo...