All reviews breakfast bag termini station my husband and i spent nights would stay again fontana di trevi quiet at night cold meats reception staff floor collosseum neighborhood cereal toaster wardrobe euro
Reviewed September 30, 2015

This hotel was just fine for a quick 2 nights in Rome where we didn't spend much time in the room. The shower is tiny, my husband could barely fit in it, let alone turn around. It is super close to Termini station so convenient to getting to/from airport and the metro. Was a fairly easy walk to the Colosseum and other sites. While the neighborhood isn't great, we found a couple of good restaurants a couple of blocks away. The air con didn't work great, but after we talked to the staff it seemed to come back on. We booked through their website and it was a good price and gave us a free bottle of wine.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha R
Reviewed September 20, 2015 via mobile

It is located 3 min from Termini station. The neighborhood is dirty and smelly, on the other hand it is a waking distance from the Coloseum, piazza Venecia, via Venetto and all the other attractions.
The hotel itself is small, is'a flat of a larger building. It is clean enough, fresh towels every day, with a decent breakfast. So for the money you pay- not bad

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank sretenBG
Reviewed July 30, 2015

Stayed here for 4 nights in July. We were greeted by very friendly reception staff who gave us lots of local information and provided us with a map of the city and pointed out a few attractions that I wouldn't have considered going to.
We stayed in room 2,it was very basic but it was clean. The room is very small too so there wasn't much space on the floor as our suitcases occupied most of it.
The air conditioning isn't that effective and is rather noisy so light sleepers might find it hard to actually sleep.
The bathroom is very clean and toiletries are provided. However the sliding door on our shower was hanging off but after we came back from being out that day it had been fixed without even having to mention it!
Breakfast is poor. There is the choice of ham, cheese, boiled egg,fruit and yogurt. Also a selection of cake which I found absolutely bizarre. Who has cake for breakfast?
One thing that did annoy me was the fact they have signs in the bathroom asking guests to leave towels on the floor if they need changed to stop wasting water etc which is fair enough, but everyday I would have to open a new bar of soap because the cleaner had binned it. If that isn't waste binning a bar of soap a day I don't know what is.
Location is very central just a mere few footsteps from Roma Termini.
Would definitely stay here again if I came back to Rome

Room Tip: Room 2 has a small balcony
2  Thank Craig S
Reviewed July 27, 2015

The Hotel Max is a cute little hotel. It was easy to find from the Roma Termini station and only a 5 minute walk (if even that). The room was an adequate size. I loved the bright colors. Compared to American hotels, it was a pleasant change. Breakfast is very simple, but good enough to fuel your morning. They also offer afternoon water, pastries, and wine. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There really wasn't anything too unpleasant about our stay. The air conditioning could have been better. It was 90+ degrees while we were there, and the room was never really cool. Also, the wifi connection was really poor. However, I don't go on vacation to stick around in my room all day. It was just a minor inconvenience because I did have to submit school work online; I ended up having to a restaurant down the street in order to do so. Speaking of restaurants, there are plenty to choose from near the hotel. There are also places to have coffee/espresso and bakeries for Italian pastries.

1  Thank Teresa M
Reviewed July 18, 2015

Stayed for 2 nights in hot July. The hotel is in 3rd floor and the elevator might not always work because of the electricity cut outs. Room was very small, hardly fit the double bed in it, but clean. Bathroom was neat, no complaints. The worst thing was though that air conditioning didn't work. The lowest setting was to 28 C° and that was way too much to stay in comfortably. We asked that to be fixed but answer was that since everyone is using the Air Con now, the temperature cannot be lowered. Breakfast wasn't very good either, basic pastry based europian one. Not a bad hotel, but definitely not more than 3 stars at highest.

1  Thank Hannimari S