All reviews termini station breakfast bag my husband and i spent nights would stay again fontana di trevi cold meats reception staff floor neighborhood cereal toaster wardrobe colosseum euro
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here just for 2 nights as the location is great, so close to roma termini.

However, the room was tiny, especially the bathroom. The smell from the bathroom drainage was unbearable. There was a lift to go up to the hotel as it was located on level 3 of the building but the lift was very slow and too narrow. TV in the room was tiny hanging from the ceiling. Since there are so many hotels around it, we wld reccommend to source another hotel if you can.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

I booked my room for a night. It was pretty comfortable and clean. The staff is helpful. Breakfast is quite good for a 3* hotel. However in my room there was a terrible smell, maybe due to a problem in the drainage system of my bathroom. The hotel is very close to Termini station, but the building is rather old and this is not an amazing welcome for guests.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed April 5, 2017

My fiance and I were thinking of going to America. When we saw the price of tickets, the immigration procedure, and the current president - we decided to go to Italy instead.

Hotel Max is cheap. First and foremost. It is affordable, it is pretty central (right next to the main train station for the entire country) and it is sufficiently clean. It's about a 15 minute slow walk to the Collosseum.

The breakfast was fine. Some of the staff were great, some were OK. One was bad. It's all fine, as we weren't expecting the Ritz.

Bed was super comfy, the room had a great view onto the street. It was quiet at night. However, we did discover the area is a bit downtrodden. Prostitutes were chilling on the road outside. They caused no trouble, but it certainly takes away from the vibes (unless that is what you are after).

I wouldn't go back to Rome, it's quite dirty, crowded and there are far too many people begging to sell you a rose or selfie-stick. Yet if I was to go back and stuck for cash, I would consider Hotel Max in the future.

Room tip: We were shocked by the state of the entrance. Climb the stairs or take the lift. Hotel is clean.
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is well located, 2 minutes from Termini. The staircase was smelly. Our room was small and specially the shower. It is needed to be painted. The staff was very kind and helpful. The breakfast was good, you can ask for freshly made coffee and tea for free.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2017

This hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Termini train station and the bus stops for the airports so if you have an early flight out the location is excellent. The Metro is also close if you want to use it to get to the Vatican. Most other attractions are within walking distance. The surrounding area does seem a bit unsavoury and as a single female traveller I did not feel OK about being out after dark but that would be true of most places I think.

Inside the hotel is clean and warm and my room was a good size with TV, wifi, fridge and safe. There was no kettle in the room but you could make a drink in a room next to reception. The reception is staffed 24 hours which was good to know. All the staff I met were friendly and helpful. I was not aware of noise from the street or from other areas of the hotel.

The bathroom had a bath and shower - as it was very cold during my stay I had a bath both nights. Personally I would have liked the water a bit hotter but it was hot.

The breakfast room is very small. Consider getting there early so that you can chose your table. Late comers had to sit next to the toaster and juices so people were close to the table most of the time. The food itself was a typical continental breakfast with plenty of choice - cereal, cheese, cooked meats, boiled eggs and a variety of breads. I had to check out before breakfast on my last day and was given a breakfast bag to keep me going.

Overall Hotel Max provided me with a comfortable place to stay in Rome. If I went again I would return to Hotel Max if I needed an early connection to the airport otherwise I might try a different area.

Date of stay: January 2017