All reviews breakfast bag termini station my husband and i spent nights would stay again fontana di trevi cold meats reception staff floor neighborhood cereal toaster wardrobe colosseum euro
Reviewed November 30, 2017 via mobile

Great location! Walking distance to Termini station, only 3 minutes. To major sites, Fontana di Trevi or Colosseum less then 30 minutes easy walking. Very good breakfast. Only minus are tinny rooms and thin walls, you can hear your neighbors like they are in your room.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Loredana T, Proprietario at Max Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2018

Dear Client,
thank you very much for your opinion about our hotel,
There aren't thin walls in the rooms, problably in a particular day, because normally doen't happen, there was someone in the street that made some noise and you thought that were your neighbors.
Best regards.

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Wow this was a very nice and comfy hotel to stay at . Located near to the main train terminal it was very handy when I had to arrive and depart from Rome via the train to the airport . I stayed over one year ago . I still have many pleasant memories of my stay . Rome was my last stop on my trip and when I felt all tired from a day of exploring it was great to come back to relax in . The room size amazed me I was a solo traveler but still I wasn't expecting such a big room . Breakfast was delightful. And had a nice variety of things each day ! The room was clean and secure .. easy to find from the street level .. and they were very nice in arranging a breakfast bag to go when I had to check out very early .. I would stay again oneday if I ever come back to Rome !! Also it was a reasonable price as well ...

Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed September 13, 2017

My husband and I booked a 5 night stay in September at this hotel. Firstly the good points:

Great location as base for sight seeing - 5 minutes walk maximum to Rome Termini station.
Good price for this location.
Helpful reception staff - asked for their help with travel/transport arrangements (which they happily looked up online)
Good continental breakfast (plenty of food available, good choice and constantly replenished)

Now for the bad points:

The breakfast room is tiny (5 tables but there are 15 rooms in hotel). We visited one morning, it was full so had to return later.
The entrance outside of the hotel is generally surrounded by black sacks, empty bottles and general litter - looks awful. Each evening we left the hotel there were prostitutes lingering around the hotel entrance out on the street.
When returning to the hotel at night (about 10.30pm) we felt very vulnerable with some unsavoury looking people on the surrounding streets around the hotel.
The hotel is on the 3rd floor - to which there are stairs or a lift. The communal stairwell smells of urine.
Our hotel room had a bathroom with shower only, which was fine but the shower cubicle was so tiny! We are of an average size (husband is a medium and I am size 12 clothing) and we did not have a comfortable shower - it was difficult to bend to pick up shampoo etc. and elbows were constantly hitting the walls when washing.
On arrival there were 4 hangers in our wardrobe for 2 people to spend 5 nights - however on request another 3 hangers were provided.
The light in the bathroom did not work on arrival, but the reception staff twisted the light bulb then it came on.
The plug got stuck in the sink. We told the reception staff, went out for the day and the plug had been removed when we returned. It was not fixed properly though so we used the sink without putting in the plug for the remainder of the stay.

This may not show the hotel in a very favourable light but I try to be fair. Given the amount of hotels in this area, my advice would be to seek an alternative.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed June 24, 2017 via mobile

We stayed here just for 2 nights as the location is great, so close to roma termini.

However, the room was tiny, especially the bathroom. The smell from the bathroom drainage was unbearable. There was a lift to go up to the hotel as it was located on level 3 of the building but the lift was very slow and too narrow. TV in the room was tiny hanging from the ceiling. Since there are so many hotels around it, we wld reccommend to source another hotel if you can.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2017 via mobile

I booked my room for a night. It was pretty comfortable and clean. The staff is helpful. Breakfast is quite good for a 3* hotel. However in my room there was a terrible smell, maybe due to a problem in the drainage system of my bathroom. The hotel is very close to Termini station, but the building is rather old and this is not an amazing welcome for guests.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends