All reviewspastriesquiet streettrevi fountainwithin walking distanceside streetwould definitely stay here againfirst floorwalked everywhereminute walkroom was clean and comfortableexcellent locationmajor sightsi highly recommend this hotelvisiting romehotel is locatedrestaurants and barsair conditioning
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I absolutely love this hotel. It is small and beautiful. The room was clean, comfortable, and had a fabulous bathroom. Breakfast was wonderful and the location was perfect for seeing everything. More than anything, I loved the staff. Both gentlemen, morning and evening, were friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Leisure G
Reviewed May 30, 2012

I can't speak highly enough on how relaxed, clean, helpful and polite everybody was at this hotel during our recent stay.
It's perfectly located for the Forum etc - so just right for me! It's also on a perfect little street with lots of good quality restaurants.

The reason it's a two star? Because effectively it's just a B&B. No food is allowed in the rooms but with such good (value and quality)restaurants literally a stone throw away why eat in? They also have a bar so on our last night we had drinks in. The breakfasts are great - prepare to fight over the blueberry croissants...
Also, there is a small supermarket over the road for such things as water (never leave home without it).

What I liked is for somebody so useless at language such as myself all staff spoke perfect english and were very helpful with every query we had. They provided stamps and a taxi back to the airport on request, for example.

Hotel Artorius is located on a narrow cobbled street which seems a bit of a short cut for some speeding traffic - our taxi included, so I fear it MAY be noisy for those in the front rooms. I could be wrong on this point.

I did like the cleanliness of the rooms and the security of the hotel. But just don't expect the four or five star facilities. I will use this place again definitely.

Room Tip: 102 the room I was in doesn't really have a window...but it is really quiet, and with Rome being as busy and noisy as it is, this was a godsend!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brother_Cadfael
Reviewed May 21, 2012

We chose the hotel after seeing the reviews on tripadvisor and it was fairly cheap booking with expedia. The 3 of us (our mother, aged 70+ and 2 grown up girls) were bowled over when we arrived at the hotel-it's only small so the taxi driver missed it first time-the room was so clean and in great condition and the staff were so helpful and friendly. The bathroom was immaculate and stocked daily with towels. The entrance hall and lift is delightful and breakfast in the gazebo was gorgeous (but I love any breakfast). We loved that it was on a street where real Romans live and the stroll downhill revealed some cute boutiques and an atmospheric piazza. Also at the bottom of the street, to the left was a very nice gelateria and pastry shop-just point to what you want and prepare to be delighted. It wasn't so easy to walk to the centro storico sights with 70 year old legs but it meant we had a good night's sleep every night! There's a 'supermarket' across the street which manages to house everything you could ever need into an impossibly small space. We lunched in Palatine Hill on just a box of fantastic small tomatoes and olive crispbreads from the shop. Our mother got in free to Colosseum and Roman Forum/Palatine Hill with only proof that she was an E.U. Citizen and 65+! The atmosphere at this place couldn't be faulted and the cleanliness and condition of the room was excellent. (The TV was plenty big enough-why you would want to go to Rome to watch TV is beyond me-there's so much to do and see).

Room Tip: We were in a triple - one king(two singles together), one single facing the street. The street wasn't too noisy but we didn't have the windows open at night.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Rollerskatingrachel
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in April 2012. Chose it because of the great reviews and was not disappointed. First and foremost, location. We did not realize, until we walked the city several times over, how centrally located the hotel is to almost every historical site you would want to visit. The rooms were large and quiet and the bathrooms were clean and modern. The breakfast in the little "tent" had the best pastries in all of Italy. Don't be put off by the tent, it is quite charming and comfortable. The staff was so nice and helpful many times over. I cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Yvonne D
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Located on a quiet narrow street just a few blocks north of the Colosseum, the Artorius is perfectly situated for walking to several A-list sites. It's also less than a block from the bus stop, and within easy walking distance to both the A and B Metro subway stops. Rooms are spacious and updated. The staff all speak excellent English and are friendly and helpful for anything you might need. Breakfast is included and it is EXCELLENT! Cereal, fruit, warm pastries, and great service. An outstanding restaurant is conveniently located next door for lunch or dinner (we ate there at least once every day). Wifi is available at Artorius, but service was being upgraded while we were there in April 2012 and still had some bugs. Hopefully they have it sorted out by now.
Try to request one of the rooms on the back side -- each has a private balcony and is not subject to the morning traffic noise that can be intrusive early in the morning on weekdays if the windows are open. With windows closed and the a/c running you won't hear anything.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple