“A Clean B&B”

Ranked #3,319 of 3,755 Rome B&B and Inns
Hong Kong, China
“A Clean B&B”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

I have stayed in Cialdini Inn for 3 nights, i found it is a clean B&B, and it's convenient to train station and other parts of Rome city. Overall is direct proportion to its price.

Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank anneycyy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ballyduff, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2011

When I booked this, I thought it was a hotel, but after wards when I got the email I discovered it was a B&B. i revived an email with very bad English. Very difficult to understand. It said for us to let them know what time we were arriving. But I think that is for those who check in after hours.

We got a taxi from the station as we didn't know where it was. Even the taxi driver had to look at a map to see where it was! Not a good start! O_o.
We checked in, told we had to pay a tourist tax and were brought to an apartment across the street. It was not a hotel, not a B&B but a room in a small apartment.
The room was clean, flat screen tv, memory foam mattress, en suit with a really good shower. A good map of Rome is provided.
But the walls are paper thin, you are in an apartment with other people, you have a bunch of keys, you can lock your bedroom door but your still in with strangers. That made it uncomfortable and I could not relax.

As for the breakfast, we were woken up at 9am by a lady. She made a load of noise, just making coffee. I thought she did it on purpose just to wake us up. Along with coffee, we got a croissant but it was from a multi pack. Sorry but coffee and a crappy croissant does not make it into a B&B!
It was unfortunate enough that it was the day before we left we discovered a really good shop in the train station where we bought bread, fruit and juices for a proper breakfast.
The worst accommodation experience I've ever had. Would not recommend. Don't stay there.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AmandaC7

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

I came here on business. After the meeting, I tried to check in but once I found the address I could not find the name on the intercom. Some people exited the building so I could come in. There I met 3 leasers who told me where to go (there were different staircases but no one had given me any info before). I rang the bell but no one answered so I rang the number provided with my booking info: no one picked it. Then the 3 leasers came back & opened the door for me and gave me another number. Someone picked it and said he'd be there in a minute: I waited 20 minutes! When he eventually arrived he explained that as I was leaving at 8.30 am the following morning, I could not have breakfast (it is served from 9.30). I was not aware of that when I booked. Then he took me to another building across the street and showed me the room. I asked for wifi access but he said it did not work. I told him to ring the manager (wifi was supposed to be accessible from every room and I was there on business so I needed it badly) but she just said she was sorry all other rooms were booked. I had already paid so I let it go. The room looked ok but there were many stains on the walls. Many plugs were broken. The shower was clogged. The blanket smelled weird. The shutters were totally broken. Also the noise from other rooms was very inconvenient. I'll never stay there again. It was a living nightmare.

• Stayed June 2011
Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2011

Our three night stay was comfortable, the room was spotlessly clean. It was a good Location for the buses and trains. I would stay there again! The receptionist Elena was very friendly and helpful and breakfast was delivered to our door at 9:00am every morning :)

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank elaine19_04
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2011

we had booked two rooms with friends but when we came there were NO room for us!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank birgittasandin
Ann Arbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2010

I was VERY worried after reading all of the other reviews for this place, but I had already booked so....to our surprise the inn keeper was there, she wasn't smoking, and there was no smell. She showed us to our room which was in the building across the street ( very short walk). It looked like a room out of an Ikea catalog. It was clean and seemed well kept. The beds were comfortable, nice TV, good storage. The bathroom was clean and there were extra supplies located in the shared kitchenette. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and modern. Inn keeper came once and changed the linens, but were were only there for 3 days - and there were extras in the kitchenette. Never did see a breakfast, but we did oversleep one day and left early another - but still for $200 for 3 nights, I'm not complaining. Our flight was canceled and had to stay at another hotel near the airport, for the same price we paid for 3 nights at Cialdini we paid for 1 night and it wasn't nearly as nice. Cialdini isn't in the best area, but we felt completely safe walking around any time of the day. It is centrally located, sights, food, transportation, tours, shopping, $ exchange. Trash and graffiti are all throughout the city - no different than what you see outside Cialdini. I expected a lot worse, and I was surprised. I was completely satisfied and really enjoyed my stay. We are looking forward to our next stay there!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

July 26, 2010

Believe me, it is absolutely nothing they promise and show in the pictures. It's a dark, putrid hole. Even the hotels that are rented by prostitutes by hour are better.

I wanted to book this hotel over the phone, allured by the price, and the receptionist surprisingly (never in Italy happened this way) asked me for my credit card number to reserve the room. When I saw the promiscuous neighborhood, the bad entrance, the smelly hallway that led to the hotel, which was in a rented apartment... and the smoky and molded room, I wanted to go somewhere else.
The receptionist was smoking like a snake in the narrow hall, so when I entered I practically couldn't breathe (I have high tolerance, I used to be a smoker myself !) She had the doors open to the couple rooms she was offering, so practically all the smoke was spreading in the rooms. When I asked if she can refrain from smoking since the space is so tight, she said: "I don't know if i can".
I told her that I won't stay here even if it is the last hotel on earth. She said that she would charge my card anyway, although when we spoke over the phone she promised that she won't do that if i don't like the room.

Those people are crooks, believe me. She charged my card, although I left right away and slept somewhere else.

Don't go there, it's full of reasonable B&B and clean hotels in Rome.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo