All reviews x box piazza venezia breakfast is served lighting system rain shower huge tv trevi fountain spent two nights croissants walking distance air con ancient rome enjoyed my stay small hotel three nights spanish steps xbox
Reviewed July 8, 2018

A little hard to find the hotel at first, it was located in third floor of an old building, next to PostaItaliana (Altare della Patria). The building had a very old elevator, like the ones we saw in old movies, a very small wooden box, good for one person and one suitcase only. I wasn't so happy at first but when I entered the hotel - I'm not sure if I can call it a hotel though - it was like I jumped into the future. A very nice and beautiful lady welcomed me in, and upgraded my room with no further cost. The room was super clean and very modern, and all the fascinating lights, air conditioner and tv, worked with a x-box which was a bit confusing at first, but the lady guided me patiently with that. The breakfast was served in the room, which it was ok. The hotel was steps from Altare della Patria, and about 15 minutes walk to Colosseum, and 20 minutes walk to Trevi. It was a pleasant experience staying at Trecento, and I will defiantly stay there again when I back to Rome.

Room Tip: High tech hotel in Ancient Rome!
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed July 6, 2018 via mobile

We spent two nights at the Hotel Trecento in June 2018. It occupies a single floor of an older building in the tourist center of Rome, and its location is absolutely outstanding. We had two rooms, each with a proper king-size bed (not a queen). The rooms were spotless, and the bathrooms and showers were roomy and clean as well. The staff was also incredibly nice and very helpful, and we loved the 1940s elevator in the building. It was perfect for us, but if you’re not tech-savvy there is one thing to be aware of - the climate system, the TV, etc is controlled through an Xbox in each room. It’s cool and it works, but if you don’t know how to use an Xbox it might be hard to figure it out. With that in mind, we had a great time and wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 5, 2018

When we first arrived we buzzed the hotel and the gentleman at the desk told us to come up. We carried our heavy luggage up three flights of stairs. When we got up there he said we could have taken the elevator. It would have been nice if he had told us that when he told us to "come up."

Next, we knew this was a boutique hotel, but when we were given a room right behind the front desk, we were very concerned about the noise. We asked for a different room and the person at the desk stated that it was the furthest room away from the front desk in the room category we chose and that in order to get a different room we would have to pay an upgrade. He called the manager/owner and she agreed to give us two nights free upgrade and we would have to pay for two nights upgrade - 90 euro. I asked what the difference was and the guy at the desk said it was bigger and it had the special lighting. We agreed and were only one room further down. I will include pictures so that the room can be seen. After we got home I checked the website for the room I had booked and there is no difference between our pictures and the room we booked. I also snuck a peak at the other rooms when they were being cleaned and they were the same size. Needless to say, we were not off to a good start. We booked a superior, which is all we got, but we were charged extra for a "deluxe." A picture of the room we were in is on their website under "superior" room.

My personal interactions with the owner were also not good. She was abrupt and short. There were moments when she seemed to want to make amends for the difficulties, but the experience was not the best.

We also had difficulties with the xbox control. We set our temperature at 19 degrees when we went to bed, but in the early am we woke up sweating. The room was extremely hot. I checked the temperature and it was at 27. We had to turn on the tv, mess with the xbox (which we are not familiar with), and adjust the settings, again. The next night the same thing happened, so I explained this to the front desk. Later that afternoon I called (we were out touring) and spoke with the owner who said nothing was wrong. It took our returning to the hotel and practically forcing her to check into it. She was accusing us of lying about the situation. Yes, we always enjoy waking up at 4 a.m., turning on the t.v., and fidgeting around with an xbox that we have never used before in order to adjust a temperature control. It's the highlight of our vacation. Since she was adamant nothing was wrong and wasn't going to do anything, I had to force it. Once she agreed I had her put it in writing, she refused. Then she broke down and told me she had never been treated this way. I can't imagine because as guests we had never been treated this way, told we were lying about our room, charged more for the same room, but lied about the category, etc. The next morning wasn't as bad, but there was a spike in temperature. She said there was nothing wrong, but the report did show the temperature spiking at that time. Nothing was done.

Ok, aside from the service aspect, the room was good. The lights that we supposedly paid extra for were broken. However, the bathroom was a good size. We could look out the window and we had a good view.

The breakfast was good and served in our room, which is a nice touch. Please know that when other breakfasts are served, you will hear this. You will also hear everyone else. We were respectful of others, not many are.

We also inquired about laundo-mats in the area because we had a lot of washing to do. We were given a couple that were about 1/2 mile away. We walked loads of laundry, in the heat, to two locations only to find them closed. This is common during the last two weeks of August apparently, but it wasn't relayed to us. So we lugged our heavy laundry, in the heat, uncleaned, back to the hotel. We had to buy detergent and wash them in the sink, which would have been fine if we had known this to begin with. It could have been an accident, but compiled with everything, well, who knows.

We would really like this hotel more if the owner didn't think her guests were "out to get something." Perhaps the guests do have genuine issues with the room. Maybe there is something wrong that needs to be addressed. The negative attitude is what earned the two star rating - customer service means everything.

Please know, the rest of the staff was wonderful. If anyone is willing to try, their experience could be completely different. The rooms were always clean. If you are sensitive to noise, however, it could be an issue.

Room Tip: The one farthest away from the front desk, but it's the most expensive
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

My Husband and I stayed here for our first night in Rome, and we loved it! The welcome was great, the staff very friendly and helpful, the introduction to our incredible room with all of the colourful lights and funky features was also fun and delivered well. We found the room to be so incredibly comfortable and the attention to detail amazing! The changing coloured lights, the huge tv, the bathroom and fabulous shower were all great. Considering we were on a really busy tourist street on a bank holiday weekend we couldn’t hear a thing from inside our room, and we slept like babies the whole night without any disturbances! The breakfast was fantastic, croissants, breads, cheese, ham, nutella and coffee. Within walking distance to the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon and many more tourist destinations, as well as great choices of cafes and restaurants. We’ll definitely stay again!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Caroline L
Reviewed April 4, 2018

This is one of the easiest 5 star reviews. If I could give 6 stars I would.
Lets start with location, within yards of the Altare della Patria and just a very short walk from Colosseum, Trevi fountain and Pantheon, this must be the best located hotel in Rome
When you enter the hotel you find a beautiful antique lift that takes you to reception. At reception everything changes from quaint to hi tech.
The word unique is often mis used but in this case it is accurate, I can't imagine any other hotel has gone for the theme this one has. Think Barberella, sort of hi tech sexy and fun. You have a giant bed, a 60" TV screen, mirrors everywhere and colour changing lights in the floor walls and ceiling. This is carried into the shower room which is very large and again has various coloured mood lighting and a wonderful huge rainfall shower. If it wasn't done to such a high quality it would be tacky but they do it well and it feels sexy / romantic, think L'agent provocateur not Ann Summers
The tech in the room is amazing almost to the point of so much that it distracts, sometimes less is more. Do I really need to be able to log into netflix or play xbox....well if you do you can.
Attention to detail is lovely, maybe at times they go a bit too far...petals on the bed is a bit too 1970s for me but still quite cute.
Maybe a couple of ideas they might want to think about, put those little champage bottles in the fridge, charge £5 each for them, I am sure people would pay it. A kettle would be good, sometimes even with all the romantic stuff being able to make a cup of tea or coffee would be nice.
Overall it was fantastic, I would 100% recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic trip to Rome

Stayed: April 2018