“Real local trattoria”

Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Testaccio
Reviewed September 27, 2017

This restaurant was recommended to us by our hotel when we requested a real local trattoria, and it was very real and very local! This was the only eatery in Rome where we were the only foreigners! It was so local that most items on the menu were innards, which we don't eat, but we settled for cacio e pepe and oxtail. I have to say that casio was not as good to my taste as it was in other restaurants, and the portion was smaller. The oxtail was my first ever, and it was good, but came with no side dish. The real winners were their desserts: the chocolate cake and the fruit tart were served warm and tasted amazingly good! Overall, I enjoyed our meal - it was very authentic.

2  Thank 504

Reviewed August 28, 2017

The restaurant is in a quiet place in Rome; the food is absolutely wonderful with local recipes that make you discover the real tastes of Rome; the service was nice, the people welcoming. I really recommend it!

1  Thank Lucchiari C
Reviewed August 13, 2017

Stopped by for lunch and I definitely chose the right place!

Service was impeccable and waitstaff was attentive, and the oxtail was amazing!

I loved the atmosphere, and pricing was reasonable. Seems like more people came for dinner.

Reviewed July 28, 2017 via mobile

When in Rome, do look for something beyond the amatriciana and the carbonara (and Pizza is from Naples...). In the Testaccio neighborhood there are some gems that still reflect the connection with the offal or "quinto quarto" in that area where the slaughterhouses were set. Agustarello serves these characteristic dishes - coda alla vaccinara is pretty accessible, as well as totally delicious. Coratella - liver and other offal - may be more of a stretch but it's really well done. Abbachio or suckling lamb is also a speciality. Don't miss this.

1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed July 17, 2017 via mobile

Fantastic little restaurant with amazing food.
We had the sweatbreads, the coratella (lamb's entrails) with artichoke and the oxtail.
All the dishes were amazing.

Didn't see any tourists and the staff were extremely friendly.

House wine at 10e for 1litre was very good.

One of my best meals in Rome

1  Thank G5516CVchrisw

Been to Agustarello? Share your experiences!