“Great food great service ”

La Taverna dei Monti
Ranked #679 of 13,795 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$12 - US$58
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My daughter and I stumbled on this restaurant while strolling through Rome. It was a great find
Staff were friendly and attentive. Food was very good
Would highly recommend

1  Thank Libbymarsha
Write a ReviewReviews (2,292)

Reviewed March 26, 2018

Arrived at dinner based on the reviews from trip advisor. Was seated quickly, but had to flag a waitress down to order. I was with my family (husband and two sons) where we all ordered pasta. My son’s lasagna was average. The gnocchi my husband ordered was mushy. My son’s ravioli was over cooked. My seafood pasta was the best of the four; however the shrimp was over cooked. Have had better food elsewhere. Maybe it was just a bad evening.

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

We have found this place on TripAdvisor being one of the most well rated places to have a meal in Monti. We got there and there was a queue already but still some empty tables. It took 30 minutes for us to be sat without any apartment reason other than disorganization. After we sat down they gave us the menu and asked us to order everything straight away. The mussels were nice however only accompanied with lemon and the vegetables soup was more like a stew than an actual soup. Despite that it was quite tasty ! When we finished the appetizers they came and asked us to move table as they had to accommodate more people so they needed our table (?). For the main we’ve asked for some sliced beef, roasted potatoes and asparagus. The beef was reasonable, but the potatoes came raw and the asparagus overcooked. It was quite cheap indeed but despite the owner apologies it wasn’t worth the food !

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Booked la Taverna dei Monti for my birthday meal.
So glad we did. It was busy but they made you feel very welcome.

We was served by Roby, she was lovely.

Food was stunning.
We had a mixed plate of seafood to start followed by ravioli and a spaghetti ragu, Side salad, bread, a jug of wine and a large beer
Couldn't fault anything.
After we'd finished Roby brought out a tiramisu with a candle in it. Waiters and waitress sung happy birthday too me.
Followed by two glasses of bubbly wine. Brilliant and was made to feel very special.
To finish we got limoncello, biscotti and amaretti biscuits on the house and they even gave us a top up too.
Finally the bill.. really a great price, so reasonable. The cheapest meal we had the whole time in rome 46€
Wish we had had more time to have gone back.
Do not miss this restaurant. It's excellent.
Thank you for a great evening.

Reviewed March 21, 2018

This place is was so good when we stayed in Rome for 5 days we actually ate here 3 nights. The food is fresh and home cooked. The staff are super friendly and helpful and treat you like you are a local. It gets very busy around 7 ish so we went to dinner late and always got a table. The house wine was good and cheap compared to other places. They even give you a free after dinner shot and cookie. So glad we found this place it really made our trip enjoyable.

1  Thank nurse1304