“Amazing Easter meal”

Cook With Us in Rome
Ranked #1 of 276 Food & Drink in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Come cook with us in Rome! It's a fun way to spend a day in Rome. You start out at a market where you will shop for your fresh produce. You will also do a small walking tour in the historic center on the way to our studio. Afterwards, you will learn to make pasta from scratch: fettucine, cavatelli, ravioli. You'll learn how to make an antipasto and 2 different pasta sauces. And let's not forget the dessert: tiramisu! We love teaching kids to cook- our lessons are fun for the whole family!
Useful Information: Baby buggy parking, Lockers / storage, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children
Reviewed April 4, 2018

Family visiting Rome on Easter Sunday. Class was recommended and didn’t disappoint. Cesare is an accomplished chef and patient teacher. Dunes on fresh pasta 2 types. Artichoke. Tiramisu. We cooked a fabulous meal and had a terrific time. For chefs or first timers highly recommended.

Date of experience: April 2018
Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Write a ReviewReviews (1,382)
All reviews
"cooking studio"
in 33 reviews
"stuffed zucchini flowers"
in 31 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
in 29 reviews
in 26 reviews
"highlight of our trip"
in 70 reviews

Reviewed April 4, 2018

Gianni, our chef/instructor for the class my grandson (14yo) and I completed in March. This man is awesomely talented. First up is our meeting in Campo de Fiori to learn about the vegetables we’ll be using. Then off to the studio/kitchen of Cook with Us in Rome. His tomato sauce, which we made, is the exquisite reduction of nothing but tomatoes. This is not a demo class – it’s totally hands-on. You’ll get messy. I know a fair amount about cooking and teaching and Gianni is a master at both – knowledgeable, creative, entertaining and patient. His tiramisu is nothing like what is served in the USA. I was impressed by his concern for my grandson’s nut allergies, especially since it had been months since I had informed him.
This class was a major highlight of our 9 days in Italy. If you have the least interest in cooking and will be in Rome, get signed up for this class. You will not regret it.

1  Thank Don L
Reviewed April 3, 2018

My husband and I participated in the morning class with Cesare. It included shopping in the Campo de Fiori market and then back to the kitchen for cooking. The kitchen and dining area were just perfect! Cesare was so fun and was a great teacher! We made a Roman artichoke dish, fried sage, stuffed zucchini flowers, tomato sauce, broccoli sauce, two kinds of pasta and tiramisu for dessert. My mouth is watering while I am thinking about it! The meal was amazing! Such fun with the other people in the small group and there was no shortage of prosecco and white/red wine. I'd say this was one of the highlights of our trip! Cook with Us in Rome is well organized, fun and delicious! It should be a definite on anyone's visit to Rome! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This fun activity created many long lasting memories! The variety of different Italian dishes along with wine pairing made for an evening full of surprises and great conversation. Highly recommend for anyone thinking they would like to make pasta at home, but uncertain how to go about it!

See more reviews
Reviewed April 3, 2018

This was an fantastic family experience! I can't say enough about how much fun it was to really learn how to cook some great Italian pastas along with appetizers and tiramisu with Gianni! We met people from all over the world through the class and truly had an amazing time. Moreover, Gianni and his team were incredibly thoughtful and careful about our childrens' allergies. If you are thinking about a cooking class in Rome, run, don't walk, to this class! It was a highlight of our trip!