Hotel Centrale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvia del corsospanish stepsexcellent locationtop floorarranging transportationside streetshopping and restaurantspastriesrecommend hoteltrevi fountainmetro stationpleasant stayheart of romerooms are smallcity breakvisit to romegave us a map
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 4 days and were very happy with our stay.

We got to the hotel at 11am the first day and were told we'd need to wait until 3pm to check in. A few minutes later, they told us that they had a room for us after all.

We got in the elevator (which was extremely old looking and didn't feel like it would be able to lift our weight) and went to our room. The room was really nice and much larger than what we were expecting. The bathroom had a full tub with a glass door which only extended half way (so the other half of the tub had no door at all). This made for very messy showers and water went absolutely everywhere. The bathroom also had a toilet whose seat was not the same size as the toilet itself, and a bidet. The main room was nice with high ceilings. The room was also all digital (lights would stay on when you put your room key card into a slot and press the light button). We liked it a lot, though it took us a little while to figure it out.

The hotel provided free internet which worked pretty well. The only thing is that we had to specifically ask for the internet username & password - they weren't provided to us automatically. I think this might have been a mistake on the hotel staff's part (or possibly a result of our checking in early).

the hotel was about 5 minutes walk from the Spanish Steps. We were really happy with the location and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Went to Rome with a gal pal for a few days, and booked into the Centrale as it seemed like a good price.

Firstly, the location is unbeatable. Just a couple of minute's stroll from Piazza de Popolo, and the Spanish Steps, sandwiched in a small street between the main Via Corsa and some of the smartest designer shopping streets. From there, we walked everywhere including to the Colosseum and The Vatican, but it's also close to a metro station.

Secondly, the staff were extremely welcoming and friendly, with good English.

Thirdly, a good continental style breakfast with plenty of rolls and croissants, fruit, cereals etc. They serve till 10am so you can have a nice lie in and still get your breakfast!

Fourthly, the rooms whilst on the snug side, were inpeccably clean with plenty of wardrobe space, and extremely comfy beds with good quality sheets and pillow cases, plus very effective air conditioning ( which you seem to have to pay extra for in other "budget" Rome hotels).

Overall, we felt that the Centrale represented extremely good value for money in what is a very expensive city, hotel wise. It was a terrific base for our 4 day holiday and I would certainly go back and stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank pipja
Reviewed 11 October 2011

We stayed for a week at Hotel Centrale near Piazza del Populo in central Rome and were very happy with our stay at this wonderful small hotel, The hotel's location provided access to all manner of restaurants, coffee shops, tratterias, Pizza shops etc.

This gem of a small hotel is very convenient to the historic center also with easy walks to Spanish steps, Vatican, museums and palazzi, Pantheon, Piazza Navonna & Fontana di Trevi.

Staff was very helpful in arranging for us to tour Galleria Borghese (tickets required) which have to be arranged a few days in advance. Without the hotel's helpful staff we would not have been able to see this famous and important art collection. A must see in Rome!

Hotel was quiet and clean. We even had access to a semi private terrace with a view of the gardens of the Villa Borghese.

Desk staff and housekeeping were always helpful and friendly. Breakfasts although not elaborate were adequate nonetheless.

If we were to visit Rome again (and we certainly will) we will use this wonderful hotel again.

JC
(New York City)

Room Tip: Ask for an outside facing room for a view and light. Interior rooms although possibly quieter, were dark.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank drjrcnyc
Reviewed 27 September 2011

My husband and I stayed at Hotel Centrale last May. We were actually more than satisfied with the amenities the hotel offered, mainly because we were expecting something less. A look at the pictures in the hotel's website gave us the impression that it is a very old hotel. In reality, it was a newly renovated small, homey, comfortable, accessible hotel. Location is perfect. So near the tourist and shopping spots, yet not near enough to be too noisy. Rooms were bit small, but layout certainly very efficient. Bathroom is kinda cute too, but since we're not of big build, we could fit in comfortably. Staff was most friendly and very helpful at giving advice. Metro station is very near. Several good restos within the vicinity. We had a really good time. Without doubt, we would recommend this hotel to our friends! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loveliness_11
Reviewed 20 September 2011

It was more expensive than others in walking distance and offered far less in service, breakfast. Although my room was larger than expected the double bed for which I was paying was only two single beds pushed together and covered by a double sheet. The divide was very noticeable so I still only had the use of a single. Breakfast was okay, enough said. I have often read "the shower was tiny" well now I know what they meant. I could not bend down, I had to squat to pick up my toiletries. Okay I am 6.3' so maybe I'm picky. I also experienced an onslaught of bites around my ankles. Not sure what they were but they itches like crazy.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo