“Nothing short of excellent!”
Review of Il Paradiso Nascosto - CLOSED

Il Paradiso Nascosto
Price range: US$12 - US$70
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I dined here at the recommendation of our B&B - the owner described the chef as "creative", and he was spot on! The bread rolls were warm, freshly made and extremely tasty, one of the best bread we had in our three weeks in Italy. The spaghetti alle vongole had wonderful flavour. The seafood dishes are recommended, we had calamari and fish, both of which were exceptionally fresh and cooked to perfection. The tiramisu was good too.

Service was excellent, the staff are attentive and ensure that you never want for anything. We felt we had a top-class restaurant experience for a very reasonable price. This is a gem of a restaurant, the best meal we had in Italy, and we will definitely return next time!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We liked this restaurant. Only Italians were eating there, which is always a good sign (ie we were the only tourists). The food and service were good. The restaurant is a little large to be intimate or particularly romantic, perhaps more family orientated - and you can't sit outside. As I've said in another review, I've opted for a 'very good' rating, though what I would have liked to choose is simply 'good'. With Tripadvisor it seems to be either 'average' or 'very good', with nothing in between.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner here, but aside from a few of the dishes that made up the seafood antipasto, there was nothing exceptional about the experience. The food is good, though, and the portions, at least of the pasta plates, are almost too large.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Monday was not a good day to visit Tivoli. Villa d'Este closes along with lots of restaurants. We were feeling a bit desperate and on the way back to the train station when we spotted the sign for this restaurant. It was quite busy with only one waiter on duty but he managed admirably. Mussels and clams to start followed by a pasta dish each. All very good. My husband ordered tiramisu so I asked for some cheese to keep him company. That was the downside of the meal because the cheese was tasteless. However it was a very small charge on the bill so I just put it down to experience. We would visit again if in Tivoli.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We found this restaurant in Tivoli on the way to Villa D’Este next to the police station. We decided to come back to it after our tour. It’s owned by two brothers, one in the front and one in the kitchen. They have only been open one month. The three of us started out sharing a bowl of clams and mussels, served with three different kinds of bread on the table to sop up the juices. Meanwhile we were given complimentary glasses of sparkling wine and a complimentary amuse of an eggplant dish. As a main dish I ordered the large ravioli, one very large ravioli. Inside was ricotta cheese, a warm egg yoke and stuffed with truffles. It was fantastic. My friends both had pasta dishes that they loved. The young lady serving us could not have been more attentive. It was the perfect white tablecloth lunch after a visit to the Villa. We all thought it was prices more than reasonable for all we had. I hope to get back that way and will go there again. I wish them luck.

1  Thank acawray