“Just right!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 11, 2015

We found this restaurant after a visit to Villa D'este. We wanted something close where we could sit down, relax and enjoy a quiet meal and not worry too much about the quality nor the bill. This was just right. We all enjoyed a good lunch, drinks and coffees.

Reviewed October 14, 2014

THE GOOD:

The service
The Decor
Spaghetti alle vongole

THE BAD:

The frittura

We were not very hungry and were in a bit of rush trying to find a place to eat, we decided to eat here as it was high up enough on tripadvisor.

We decided to share a first and second course. The spaghetti with clams were very tasty and enjoyable.

We were very happy so far, although it would have been nice if they divided the dish up for us but they did not. Where it got bad was when we got the frittura which was the worse I can remember. The calamari was so tough that it took a while just to chew one. It is not often that I do not finish a plate of food but we did not even finish the deep fried calamari.

It was very disappointing.

Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I dined here at the recommendation of our B&B - the owner described the chef as "creative", and he was spot on! The bread rolls were warm, freshly made and extremely tasty, one of the best bread we had in our three weeks in Italy. The spaghetti alle vongole had wonderful flavour. The seafood dishes are recommended, we had calamari and fish, both of which were exceptionally fresh and cooked to perfection. The tiramisu was good too.

Service was excellent, the staff are attentive and ensure that you never want for anything. We felt we had a top-class restaurant experience for a very reasonable price. This is a gem of a restaurant, the best meal we had in Italy, and we will definitely return next time!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We liked this restaurant. Only Italians were eating there, which is always a good sign (ie we were the only tourists). The food and service were good. The restaurant is a little large to be intimate or particularly romantic, perhaps more family orientated - and you can't sit outside. As I've said in another review, I've opted for a 'very good' rating, though what I would have liked to choose is simply 'good'. With Tripadvisor it seems to be either 'average' or 'very good', with nothing in between.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I enjoyed my dinner here, but aside from a few of the dishes that made up the seafood antipasto, there was nothing exceptional about the experience. The food is good, though, and the portions, at least of the pasta plates, are almost too large.