“The Best Gelato”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Santo Stefano
Reviewed October 14, 2018

Had this place recommended by a friend as 'the best gelato in the world' and it did not disappoint. The best ice cream either of us have ever had. So good that we went back the next day for some more! The menu is vast and there are english translations available if you are unsure of ingredients or need clarification re allergens. Considering the quality the price is very reasonable, considerably cheaper than some of the substandard stuff in the more touristy areas. The service was friendly and even though it is a little off the beaten track I would make this a must visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,114)

Reviewed October 2, 2018

This place is reviewed by many foodies and always comes out at the top. I think it is probably better at the "creamy" flavors...marscapone or ricotta or whipped cream...with flavors added to it. I tried two of their most popular flavors, Crema Michelangelo and Cremino guglielmo, and while they were good crema is not my thing. As for the third flavor: this is probably the first time that I felt like the chocolate was TOO chocolately...and I think it is because they put some choc at the bottom of the cup. That said, my friend loved the pear/cinnamon and the lemon/ginger. And those that tasted my Michealangelo loved it. So I'm in the minority!

Reviewed October 2, 2018 via mobile

La Sorbetteria is a place to visit , if you love the real house made italian Gelato!
It is so special and delicious , you will want to try all the tastes they offer!
I highly recommend it !

Reviewed September 22, 2018 via mobile

Hidden from mass tourism, away from the hordes. Super gelato, very nice looking place. Also offers a terrace. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed September 9, 2018

My wife has become a bit of a Gelato expert over the years and the Gelato here was 3-4 star, so pretty decent. However, what drops it to a 3 star was that all gelato was covered up and therefore you couldn't see what you are getting. I love my ice cream with as many random bits in as possible (Bacio or Pan Di Stelle for example) but i just had to guess from the name which takes half the fun away.

The server seemed more professional and less casual and smiley than some of our favourite gelaterias in Italy, mellowing out would help.

Date of visit: August 2018