“Breaking Toast brilliance ”
Review of Breaking Toast

Breaking Toast
Ranked #2 of 2,089 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Reviewed September 29, 2018 via mobile

Travelled to Bologna for three day break. Knew about this place from Trip Advisor. But cannot emphasise the delicious food that is being served here. Had the revenant and the top gun. Look online to see what the ingredients were. Too much tastiness to put in a quick review. Travel to Bologna and travel to Breaking Toast. Now.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,477)

Reviewed September 28, 2018 via mobile

Wanna have a snack? But without the Rip-off... go here and enjoy a simple yet delicious street toast that is not pretending to be anymore than it is..

Reviewed September 26, 2018

This was actually a very cool place and not too far from the Zanhotel Regina Hotel where my wife and I stayed at a couple weeks ago. Just walk across a very large outdoor parking lot, make a right and probably a couple blocks away on the left side of the street. The first thing I noticed, which wasn’t mentioned in the reviews I had read here on Trip advisor was that the menu is totally changed. Imagine, I walked up to the very kind gentleman behind the counter and proceeded to order a “Redlight.” He gave me the strangest look. “Red-light???” Then he realized or remembered that all the names of the sandwiches were changed a while back. The ingredients all look the same from before though. I already had planned what I wanted to get from the old menu so it took a moment to read and select based on the new names. I bought three sandwiches but I can’t remember which ones. For my wife I bought one that had a generous amount of tuna or tonno as they called it. The toast on one of the sandwiches was a little over done but I suspect it happens occasionally. Perfect toast is probably a hit or miss thing but between the bread is really what counts. All three sandwiches were really good. I was hoping to return on another day but we ended up finding other things to eat before moving onto our next destinations in Florence and Milan. Definitely will return another time when we visit Bologna again.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

The toast was fine, and it was nice that there were many options. But the high rating on tripadvisor led to very high expectations that were not met. It was just ok but not super special.

Reviewed September 13, 2018 via mobile

This is very nice “toast” shop. Great selections and very reasonable prices. Friendly as well. Thumbs up.