“Beyond charming in a great city!”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 282 Bologna B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“Beyond charming in a great city!”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

So pleased to have found such charming accomodations in a city that won my heart. Maria Ketty (our host) was welcoming, pleasant and more than helpful in making our stay in Bologna one we will never forget. If you have the chance to stay in such an authentic B&B please do so. There really is no better way to experience a local culture than to spend time with someone like Maria Ketty. She has created spaces where you feel at home and she's obviously thought thru the level of quality of each component. I look forward to our next stay in Bologna...soon!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Sandy,
thank you so much for your nice review!
I'm really happy that you have appreciated your stay in my B&B Bologna nel Cuore and most of all that Bologna has won your heart.
Any time you will decide to come back to Bologna you will be welcome in B&B Bologna nel Cuore!

Arrivederci!
Maria Ketty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
Nagoya, Japan
Reviewed 6 November 2011

"The most beautiful sound I've ever heard.Maria, Maria, Maria."
Yes, Bologna is a wonderful city and this B&B is a warmful home and most of all Maria is so beautiful. I fell in love with her. What should I do. Yes, I must come again.
This B&B is located just a few steps from the Piazza Maggiore. The best location to walk around the city. And the rooms are newly refurbished and quite modern in facilities. The breakfast is fantastic and would not let you go out of the house. There is an elevator to help you carry baggages to the first (European sense) floor.
Yes, I surely insist this is one of the best B&B I ever stayed. I must come back again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
What flattering words about me..!! You have been too much generous with your review!
I'm very happy that you enyojed so much your stay in my B&B and your visit to Bologna.
I'm really looking forward to welcome you and your wife again in my beautiful city!
Thank you very much for your contribution on Tripadvisor.

Arrivederci a Bologna!

Brighton
Reviewed 30 October 2011

For 4 nights, we stayed in the two separate double rooms in the main B&B of Maria's establishment set in an old, characterful building full of other appartments typical of historic centre of Bologna . Everything looked just as described and pictured on her website. Our bedrooms were beautifully appointed and the bathrooms were fantastic - one of us had a bath with handshower and the other had a large shower cubicle. The bedrooms contained huge, modern, stylish wardrobes with internal lighting and full length mirrors on the inner side of the doors. I had a beautiful, spotlit Leonardo da Vinci engraving print on the wall facing my bed . Everything was immaculately clean and well maintained and a nice mix of old and modern. We found that the rooms were quiet at night (if you closed the windows) and the beds comfy.

Over a delightful breakfast, each morning Maria would take time to answer our questions and give pointers of where to eat and go that day.

Maria was most welcoming and her establishment is very easy to get to from the airport and Bologna railway station via the frequent (about 5 an hour) Airport Bus. As you leave the Arrivals Hall, turn right and walk down along the outside of the terminal building to the Airport Bus bus-stop. The trip into the centre of Bologna only takes about 20 minutes and costs 6 euros (paid to the driver). The stop for Maria's is in Via Ugo Bassi - the main road through the city centre with lots of shops including international chains. After you get off the bus, walk 20 yards in the the direction that the bus is going and take the immediate first right which is Via Cesare Battisti. Keeping to the right hand side, walk up the street (passing a huge church on the other side) to Number 29; note that Maria's B&B door bell is somewhere in the middle of large collection of doorbells and names. When you leave to go back to the Airport (or want to get to the railway station), catch the Airport Bus at exactly the same stop as you got off at in Ugo Bassi when you arrived. This is a circular route and on the way back to the airport there is a stop right outside the main entrance to Bologna railway station.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Bologna and at Maria's. Her recommendation to go and eat at Eatitaly, a modernised local bookshop was one of our highlights and cost us about 48 euros but we restricted our drink intake here. Coffee shop on ground floor, light meals with local cheeses,cold meats and local wines taking the floor here, whilst on the top floor there is a restaurant where more substantial meals are available, again made with local produce with a good selection of wines and drinks. But get there early in the evening because even though there is quite a lot of seating, it proved to be a very popular place to eat and/or drink with people soon queuing for tables to become available. We also enjoyed having an evening meal at the smarter Ristorante C'era Una Volta in Via D'Azeglio next to Hotel Roma just off the Piazza Maggiore where we paid 60 euros for the 2 of us for a tasty 2 course meal each, coffee, bottled water and 4 glasses of prosecco.

We loved our trip discovering the delights of Bologna's historic city centre and it was made all the more enjoyable by Maria's welcoming and attentive hosting. Thank you Maria. We hope to come again in the not too distant future. PS how do you work the TV's in the rooms? And sorry we ate nearly all the bowlful of delicious little sweets in our room. Next time we come we want to buy some.

Room Tip: Decide in advance whether a bathroom with a bath or a shower is more important to you. The bath com...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank marinablue
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 3 November 2011
Dear Marinablu,

thank you so much for your detailed review!
I think you are a really perfect traveller and your reviews are very helpful for the travellers who refer to Tripadvisor.

I,m waiting for your next visit to Bologna: I'll show you how the TV works....and the bowl it will be full with the little sweets for you!

Bath
Reviewed 24 October 2011

We stayed in the newly renovated ground floor apartment in the greatest possible comfort and total peace and privacy. Lovely comfortable bed and smart bathroom, all spotlessly clean, made it well worth the comparatively expensive rate. Signora Ketty has thought of every little thing to make you comfortable and we loved the freedom of having our own front door, kitchen and sitting room. It's really nice to make one's own cup of tea and toast after exhaustive sightseeing. It would have been quite possible to cook and eat there in some considerable luxury if the restaurants had been less tempting.

1 Thank 5TravellersBonA
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 27 October 2011
I'm really happy that you enjoied your stay in Bologna in the Topazio apartment of B&B Bologna nel Cuore! Thank ypu very much for having appreciate all my efforts to make the apartment as more comfortable as possible!

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 23 October 2011

A very elegant B&B and a wonderful host! The main apartment has two bedrooms and a living area where breakfast is served. We stayed at a separate apartment two doors away on the same floor. Room is simple but clean. Breakfast is a hearty spread of croissants, toasts, bread rolls, hams, cheeses, cereals, pies, cookies and juices. Maria Ketty is an excellent host! We checked in pretty late in the evening and she personally attended to our needs and took the time to brief us on what to do and where to eat. She has a good knowledge of the city and is able to give strong recommendations on the best restaurants and sights to visit. The gelato at La Sobetteria Castiglione and local cuisine at Ristorante da Nello are must tries!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you Marilyn for your nice comment about my B&B Bologna nel Cuore.
And thank you exspecially for your nice words about me.
It make me so happy when i feel that I achieve my goal of offering a wonderful stay in Bologna to my guest!

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 5 October 2011

Maria Ketty and her B&B Bologna nel Cuore are both jewels in the heart of Bologna. The B&B is comfortable, clean, and located a short distance from Piazza Maggiore. Maria is warm and hospitable and makes every effort to please her guests. Seasoned traveler's will appreciate Maria and her B&B.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Thank you so much for your nice comment! I'm really happy that you could appreciate the city of Bologna and my B&B Bologna nel Cuore!

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2011

Bologna nel Cuore is a brilliant place to stay. My husband and I have stayed here for the past four years on our business trips. The landlady Maria Ketty is beautiful ,welcoming and very helpful. The accommodation is very comfortable and most importantly spotlessly clean. Maria looks after her guests personally. The breakfasts are fresh and varied ranging from cereals, fresh fruit, yogurt, sweet breads and biscuits. Nothing seems too much trouble. She gladly recommends restaurants and will arrange taxis on request. Her beautiful city of Bologna and all its wonderful places is a few minutes walk away. We love staying here, and look forward to our next visit. Thank you to Maria Ketty for always making it so special. (Andy & Mary Northern Ireland)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 27 September 2011
Dear Mary & Andy,
what a nice review! It is really a pleasure to welcome in my B&B faithful guests like you are!!
Thank you very much.