“Perfect setting in heart of Bologna”

B&B Bologna nel Cuore
Ranked #3 of 283 Bologna B&B and Inns
Brighton
“Perfect setting in heart of Bologna”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

We thought we would stay somewhere a little different and B & B Bologna nel cuore exceeded all our expectations. Maria who is the owner of this stylish appartment is a charming hostess. She gave us the feeling that we were her house guests but without being in any way intrusive.There are just two rooms for guests although she also has a couple of other appartments in this lovely old building that she also lets. Our room was tastefully furnished and spotlessly clean and had one of the best bathrooms we have had for some time. We enjoyed our lovely breakfast in Maria's impressive drawing room to the sounds of Pavorotti in the backgound - absolutely perfect!.The location is ideal being within easy walking distance of a number of fantastic restaurants. I had in fact done some homework on where to eat but could have saved myself a job as Maria has all the good ones listed. The only one she hadn't included was Trattoria dal Biassanot which we absolutely loved and only 5 minutes walk away. Maria also pointed us in the direction of Mino was has a stall at the local food market for parmesan etc. Getting there could not be easier get the Aerobus which stops just outside departures and goes every few minutes (6 Euros) and get off at Via Ugo Bassi walk in direction of bus and take first right and you are in via Cesare Battisti and no 29 is about two hundred yards on left.This B & B is the sort of place we all hope to find when travelling abroad and offers so many subtle delights not found in a comparable hotel and we certainly look forward to another visit in the near future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you so much for such a full review!
Your detailed description will be definitely precious for all who are going to plan a visit to the attactive Bologna!

Maria Ketty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Greek first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2012

Would strongly recommend Maria's B&B. Room was clean, spacious and warm! Breakfast every morning was delicous. The B&B is also in an ideal location, all main attractions within walking distance and lots of boutiques/restaurants around. Maria herself was very welcoming and her recommendations came in very handy and were spot on.
Will come back again.
Regards

G. Durak

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Thank you so much for recommending B&B Bologna nel Cuore to the users of Tripadvisor!
Such a positive and punctual review will be definitely useful to people who are planning to visit Bologna.
Thank you again and arrivederci......

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

We were very fortunate because Maria put us in an apartment all by ourselves due to her B&B being fully occupied. Though the unit is a bit small, Maria was able to create space and made the unit looked big, new and well decorated. The scent from the reed diffuser welcomed us immediately. On arrival, Maria spent more than an hour chatting up and explained the various attractions.

Further down about 10 minutes away is the main square. Go to any restaurant in Bologna and you will be satisfied with the food. I had the best tortellini in my life here, in Bologna. They are such culinary experts.

On the last day, we were invited to the main B&B. And what? The apartment was decorated even better. Wish we can come back to Bologna and stay at B&B Bologna nel Cuore again. More so with the beautiful Maria.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 23 February 2012
Thank you so much for appreciating the renovation of the Rubino studio. Yes I tryed to make it as more comfortable as I could.
I consider very important to provide my guests with all the information they need.
Thank you very much for your nice feedback about my B&B Bologna nel Cuore and about my lovely city.
I'm sure the your review it will be very helpful for the travellers who use Tripadvisor!

Salerno, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

I used to go regularly to Bologna for business reasons. After many positive stays at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, I was impressed that the quality of services continues to improve, which is measured through many small details, that's called excellence! I would recommend a stay at B&B Bologna nel Cuore when in Bologna!!!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
You are an excellent guest, able to notice and appreciate my effort to improve the quality of my services.
Thank you very much for sharing your feeling with Tripadvisor users!

I'm waiting for you to come back to Bologna nel Cuore!

San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2011

So pleased to have found such charming accomodations in a city that won my heart. Maria Ketty (our host) was welcoming, pleasant and more than helpful in making our stay in Bologna one we will never forget. If you have the chance to stay in such an authentic B&B please do so. There really is no better way to experience a local culture than to spend time with someone like Maria Ketty. She has created spaces where you feel at home and she's obviously thought thru the level of quality of each component. I look forward to our next stay in Bologna...soon!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 23 November 2011
Dear Sandy,
thank you so much for your nice review!
I'm really happy that you have appreciated your stay in my B&B Bologna nel Cuore and most of all that Bologna has won your heart.
Any time you will decide to come back to Bologna you will be welcome in B&B Bologna nel Cuore!

Arrivederci!
Nagoya, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2011

"The most beautiful sound I've ever heard.Maria, Maria, Maria."
Yes, Bologna is a wonderful city and this B&B is a warmful home and most of all Maria is so beautiful. I fell in love with her. What should I do. Yes, I must come again.
This B&B is located just a few steps from the Piazza Maggiore. The best location to walk around the city. And the rooms are newly refurbished and quite modern in facilities. The breakfast is fantastic and would not let you go out of the house. There is an elevator to help you carry baggages to the first (European sense) floor.
Yes, I surely insist this is one of the best B&B I ever stayed. I must come back again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Maria_Ketty, Proprietario at B&B Bologna nel Cuore, responded to this review, 17 November 2011
What flattering words about me..!! You have been too much generous with your review!
I'm very happy that you enyojed so much your stay in my B&B and your visit to Bologna.
I'm really looking forward to welcome you and your wife again in my beautiful city!
Thank you very much for your contribution on Tripadvisor.

Arrivederci a Bologna!

Brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2011

For 4 nights, we stayed in the two separate double rooms in the main B&B of Maria's establishment set in an old, characterful building full of other appartments typical of historic centre of Bologna . Everything looked just as described and pictured on her website. Our bedrooms were beautifully appointed and the bathrooms were fantastic - one of us had a bath with handshower and the other had a large shower cubicle. The bedrooms contained huge, modern, stylish wardrobes with internal lighting and full length mirrors on the inner side of the doors. I had a beautiful, spotlit Leonardo da Vinci engraving print on the wall facing my bed . Everything was immaculately clean and well maintained and a nice mix of old and modern. We found that the rooms were quiet at night (if you closed the windows) and the beds comfy.

Over a delightful breakfast, each morning Maria would take time to answer our questions and give pointers of where to eat and go that day.

Maria was most welcoming and her establishment is very easy to get to from the airport and Bologna railway station via the frequent (about 5 an hour) Airport Bus. As you leave the Arrivals Hall, turn right and walk down along the outside of the terminal building to the Airport Bus bus-stop. The trip into the centre of Bologna only takes about 20 minutes and costs 6 euros (paid to the driver). The stop for Maria's is in Via Ugo Bassi - the main road through the city centre with lots of shops including international chains. After you get off the bus, walk 20 yards in the the direction that the bus is going and take the immediate first right which is Via Cesare Battisti. Keeping to the right hand side, walk up the street (passing a huge church on the other side) to Number 29; note that Maria's B&B door bell is somewhere in the middle of large collection of doorbells and names. When you leave to go back to the Airport (or want to get to the railway station), catch the Airport Bus at exactly the same stop as you got off at in Ugo Bassi when you arrived. This is a circular route and on the way back to the airport there is a stop right outside the main entrance to Bologna railway station.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in Bologna and at Maria's. Her recommendation to go and eat at Eatitaly, a modernised local bookshop was one of our highlights and cost us about 48 euros but we restricted our drink intake here. Coffee shop on ground floor, light meals with local cheeses,cold meats and local wines taking the floor here, whilst on the top floor there is a restaurant where more substantial meals are available, again made with local produce with a good selection of wines and drinks. But get there early in the evening because even though there is quite a lot of seating, it proved to be a very popular place to eat and/or drink with people soon queuing for tables to become available. We also enjoyed having an evening meal at the smarter Ristorante C'era Una Volta in Via D'Azeglio next to Hotel Roma just off the Piazza Maggiore where we paid 60 euros for the 2 of us for a tasty 2 course meal each, coffee, bottled water and 4 glasses of prosecco.

We loved our trip discovering the delights of Bologna's historic city centre and it was made all the more enjoyable by Maria's welcoming and attentive hosting. Thank you Maria. We hope to come again in the not too distant future. PS how do you work the TV's in the rooms? And sorry we ate nearly all the bowlful of delicious little sweets in our room. Next time we come we want to buy some.

Room Tip: Decide in advance whether a bathroom with a bath or a shower is more important to you. The bath com...