All reviews train station short walk to the airport yogurt main sites of the city patron saint sweet items piazza maggiore excellent coffee air conditioning small room decent hotel shower cubicle quiet street inner courtyard location is ideal boiled eggs would stay here again
Reviewed November 20, 2017

The Hotel Atlantic is situated 10 minutes or even less by foot from the station, 15 minutes by foot from many of the main sites of the city and very close to many restaurants, bars and trattorias.
Nice rooms, gentle reception service.
The location is ideal, the price honest. You will also find safes in the rooms (at least there was one in mines), hairdryer, lift, permanently manned front desk (very friendly and helpful) check out at 11.oo instead of at 10.oo as usual in Italy.
I'll surely come back

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Karin115
Reviewed October 8, 2017

Albergo Atlantic proved to be a great choice for our stay in Bologna - 10 minute walk from the station, 15 minute easy walk to many of the main sites of the city, 5 - 10 minutes from dozens of restuarants and trattorias.

Breakfast is not extensive but good for a hotel of this size, meats, cheese, cereals, toast, jams, fruit, yogurts, sweet pastries etc plus coffee and tea.

Our room was a decent size with en suite - all spotlessly clean with towels changed and fresh soaps daily. The only issue I had with our room was that the walls were incredibly thin, you could clearly hear normal level conversation in the next room (who happened to wake very early in the mornings!) However reading these reviews I have only read one other commenting on this and their photos appear to be of the room we had! Maybe we were just unfortunate or it's just this room (120).

I would recommend this hotel on the basis of the location and value for money. The hotel also has other pluses including safes in the rooms, decent hairdryer, a lift, a permanently manned front desk (friendly and speaking good English to help us!) and 11.00 check out on leaving day. A good find.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank milmol_7
Reviewed September 23, 2017

It was our first stay on our roundtrip through Italy and it couldn't have started better. The hotel is relatively close to the city centre (approx. 8min) and very close to the train station (approx. 5min) without being noisy. It's interior is very sweet and clean and the staff was really friendly and helpful. We booked a double room and asked for seperate beds. What we got were a room with seperate bedrooms and two seperate bathrooms! Never experienced that in a hotel before. Thumbs up for that! AC was working very well. The breakfast was good for an Italian breakfast. A lot of people complained about it here saying it was sparse. But you have to keep in mind you are in a different country with different customs. In Italy the Italian breakfast usually contains only a croissant and a coffee. If you want a different kind of breakfast, you have to stay at big hotel chains where the Italian charme is completely lost. So all in all the breakfast was good, fresh and qualitative food, the staff was really attentive and friendly. If you want you can leave your luggage after checking out. And combining that with cheap prices, it was the pefect hotel for a city trip.
So I couldn't find any negative points and my decision stands: If I come back, I will stay at the Atlantic (Another tip write or call the hotel before making a reservation on a big booking portal. Hotels pay fees to these portals and they offer a cheaper price if you book a room directly as does the Atlantic).

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Evenstar29
Reviewed September 9, 2017

Stayed here for two nights, the hotel is basic but very friendly with a front desk which seemed to be manned 24h.
Lovely big bed in spacious room, no view as such but wasn't important as we went out to see the city! Room was nice and quiet and certainly no excess noise from round about.
Breakfast was usual continental with beautiful fresh coffee... would expect nothing else in Italy!
Centrally located with 10 min walk to the station and most other sights in town.
Overall a nice city hotel with good clean rooms, lovely friendly staff and great location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Positive things: Very good location, all the points of interest are within a reasonable walking distance. Check in and check out very efficient. Wifi very good. Smiling staff.
Less positive things: the room I was assigned was under sloped roofs so I had to walk half-bended if order not tu hurt myself. I do not think it was precised when I booked the room. It was not pleasant at all. Breakfast very simple in a small room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo