“Best in Bologna”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2016

I'm a sushi fan. Have never had it in Japan, but have frequented some of the top restaurants in California (like Chiba in L.A.). Was always depressed that sushi in Italy was so bad, but finally I discovered Yoshi (and not too far from my house). OK, so they are not going to win any international rewards for world class sushi...but: they know what the hell they are doing. Fresh Sashimi (hey, we ARE in Italy), the Sushi rice is perfect, the various Uramaki, sauces, etc. are excellent. Menu is fairly conventional, but I give it 5 stars because they are doing all the important stuff just right. And they deliver! Oh, and by the way, for those of you who are complaining about the price...please, there are two things in the world that you DON'T want to be a cheapo about, and Japanese food is one of them (I'll leave the other to your imagination).

Date of visit: October 2016
4  Thank TF_Hagen

Reviewed May 12, 2016

One of the best place in town where to eat Japanese food, the food is delicious and the different sauces have a special taste; the only negative aspect is that compared to others similar restaurants (and I'm not referring to all you can eat) it is quite expensive.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank Silvia1969
Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

Yes it's a bit out of the way but for around a €10 cab ride you can eat at this amazing Japanese restaurant.
The servers are great and seem to have a grasp on most languages.
Their sushi is really good, tops in Bologna.
Great atmosphere.
Check it out!

Date of visit: March 2016
Reviewed February 17, 2016 via mobile

I was returning to my car thinking where i could have lunch. My intention was to go to another place, but my attention was attracted by the menu on the door of this place I had never noticed before. I was fancying some chirashi, so, being it on the menu, I decided to walk in. The place is nice and minimal, with basic furnishings but it was crowded ( this is always a good omen ). I was quickly seated and quickly served. And to my surprise I ate the best and richest chirashi of my life ( so far ).

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed January 10, 2016 via mobile

I was a bit worried due to the few recent bad reviews but everything was great!

The restaurant is clean, elegant/tastefully decorated.

The ingredients were extremely fresh and the order arrived in less than 5 minutes.

The 5th star is for serving rice tea and for the tidy, fresh looking & always smiling staff.

Will definitely return and recommend!

Date of visit: January 2016