“Fresh sushi”
Review of Sushi Tokyo

Sushi Tokyo
Ranked #375 of 2,090 Restaurants in Bologna
Price range: US$12 - US$21
Description: Ristorante all you can eat di qualità, trovare le cose più particolari che non troverete in altri posti, vi sentirete come se foste davvero in Giappone.
Reviewed November 16, 2017

My husband and I decided to go to the nearest sushi restaurant. That happend to be Sushi Tokyo. We were one of the first guest and we could order very quickly and the food came also very quickly. The menu contains a lot of photos which makes it easier to choose if your Italian is not so good.
The fish was fresh and tasted very good. The menu is quite general, nothing too fancy or special. Just the normal sushi. But that was ok for us. Oh and the hot green tea was really good! Loved it.
After an hour the whole restaurant was full with guests and it took a long time for the ordered sushi arrived. The girl at the bar noticed this and she stepped in and helped her colleague and brought us the sushi we ordered that was standing on the bar.
At the end we had to wait for one last thing we ordered, but it didn't came. After 20 minutes waiting we decided to pay and go home. We were full anyway, so it was not a big issue. But with one staff extra I think the workflow would be better.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Anneliesmol

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

It’s a very nice clean please, the buffet is just 21€, and I was really impress of the great service and the fast they bring the food, we were a group of 13 persons, thing that was not a problem for them, after 3 minutes of giving to the waitress our order the food start coming.
And that’s not all, the food was just delicious. It’s a very good place, one of the best Japanese restaurant I ever been, congratulations to the Chinese family that takes very good care of it.
I came back after 2 days for a buffet...
100% recomendable.

Date of visit: October 2017
Rolando M, Proprietario at Sushi Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2017

thank you very much for the review we hope to visit you again in our restaurant

Reviewed July 19, 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed the all-you-can-eat lunch. Thoroughly enjoyed the salmon sashimi. Also the best seaweed salad in Bologna.
Boyfried loved the prawn tempura too.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed January 7, 2017

I was surprised that I didn't like this place after reading the reviews. I'm really not picky when it comes to sushi, I just want it to taste good. I usually go to the cheap all you can eat places like this in Florence and decided to try this place during a short trip to Bologna. To me the salmon had some weird gross after taste like it was old or something. The rolls that weren't salmon I was fine with and they had some fine katsudon which I don't find often in Italy. I never get nervous eating sushi but I was afraid the salmon was going to make me sick (luckily it never did though). But my boyfriend who had the same stuff as me liked it.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed December 22, 2016 via mobile

My husband and I tried to have dinner there. We arrived a Thursday evening at about 8.45 p.m. A view tables where occupied and we asked for a table. We were offered a table about 50x50 cm - maybe a little bit larger. We like to order different dishes and there were a lot of free tables.
We wanted a larger table, but the waiter was against it. He was not at all interested in guests.
For this reason we went away and went to a pizzeria 300 m away. Here we paid 80 euros and we ate very well.
Maybe the management should sent "mistery shoppers". We were rarely be treated so rude.

Date of visit: December 2016
lilil190, Direttore at Sushi Tokyo, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2016

Hello, thank you for the review, and we absolutely remember the situation, usually for two guests we offer a table for two, we would have given you a bigger table if the tables were not all reserved. We totally appreciate your opinion, but we tried to be as courteous as possible but we're not given the chance to explain the situation because you walked away without even saying a word, so it was us that has been treated bad, we're happy the pizzeria had satisfied your needs. Thank you