“Good food, nice atmosphere”

Osteria Piattoforte
Ranked #32 of 717 Restaurants in Ravenna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2018

I enjoyed dinner there the first night in town, so I returned. A good selection of dishes with an emphasis on sea food. Not the cheapest but value for money. The restaurant had a particularly relaxed atmosphere with an eclectic musical accompaniment! Apologies to the waitress, whose name I didn't get, but she was charming and happy to explain the menu. As was the chef, who was doing the rounds and happy to make his recommendations and chat about the local cuisine.

Reviewed March 23, 2018

I visited the restaurant for having lunch. I decided to take one of the daily dishes - Pasta with Sausage and a red wine sauce.
The restaurant wasn't very well booked - I counted 7 other tables with a total fo 15 guests.

After placing the order I had to waiter more than 30 minutes for getting the my dish served. I was wondering how incredibly slow the kitchen was. I have seen 4 people working in the kitchen - no hurry to see in the kitchen. A chef - i suppose he was the responsible for the kitchen - event left frequently the kitchen to chat with the waitress or to check the computer.
So no sign that the kitchen was under pressure or had too much to do - what also should not have been the case. (4 kitchen staff for 15 guests)

As I ordered the daily menu - an easy dish of pasta - an experienced cook what have needed 2 - 5 minutes to prepare this dish.

After waiting a long time I finaly received my Tagliatele and was a little bit disappointed. It was nothing special - the pasta was cooked at the correct point, but the salsa had no taste. No fresh herbs used, no chees served aside, no taste of the wine that should have been used in the sauce and even the sausage had no taste.
Just boring.

Sorry, I hope and I belive that you can do a better job. As I hope that they just had a very, very bad day and normaly do a better job, I give them 2 instead of 1 star rating.

Reviewed November 4, 2017

delicious home made bread, a complimentary apetiser of a small portion of soup. i went for the 3 taster pasta dishes to start and it was beautiful. i followed up with the coffee beef steak which was one of the most interesting things ive tasted. the service was fantastic throughout and the meal was very good value at approx 35 euros inc wine.

1  Thank AlMack5
Reviewed October 22, 2017

Ravenna restaurants are not cheap, but this one moderate prices and good food makes it a good choice in the hart of the city, close to Piazza del Popolo . Fresh fish and sea food and veraity of pasta dishes. Not a gourmet restaurant but good coockig. 4 out of 5. Recomanded.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

Ravenna is not far from the ocean, but not every restaurant offers seafood. This one combines creative cuisine with seafood tastes, as well as the usual house made pasta dishes. Give it a try!

1  Thank JohnInItaly