“Just great”

Price range: US$41 - US$53
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed January 9, 2018

I had lunch at 3 Magnoni on the 8th of December, following the recommendation of multiple friends for a not ordinary experience. I really enjoyed everything, from the ambience to wine and food and service.

The restaurant is all wooden inside, with low ceiling and warm colors. I had for appetizer an AMAZING carpaccio from three different fishes served with three kinds of fruits: the balance of flavours was great, and the presentation superlative (just sorry I didn't take a picture). As second serve I chose the grilled squid (tagliata di calamaro con patate e biete alla dalmata). Despite apparently "ordinary" name and choice the dish is nicely revisited, perfectly cooked and with a very original and appealing arrangement. The other people at the table tried the warm mixed appetizer, hand made pasta and octopus: the appearance of all dishes was great and everyone seemed very satisfied. Accompanying white wine (malvasia sfusa) was also very good. Waiters were kind and efficient, kind of young and not too formal/stiff: I found this to be a plus.

No problem for my gluten intolerance, actually I was told they can arrange most dishes in gluten free version.

Maybe the only not excellent note is that tables were really close to each other and this gives an overall sensation of crowd and lack of privacy.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

On a Saturday night in Trieste, made our way to this out of the way gem, thanks to our GPS, and were warmly greeted at the door although we had no reservation. We were promptly sat at a table inside and Daniele the owner came and talked to us about the area and his food. We were given a complimentary glass of local prosecco and the house wine was recommended which was very good. Had mixed hot appetizers which were very tasty and showed creativity on the chefs behalf. Main course of scampi ravioli and grilled tuna were equally tasty. Desert of chocolate mousse and especially souffle of Bronte pistacchio were some of the best deserts we have had. And to top it off Daniele finished us off with a glass of a beautiful local desert wine. All in all a great dining experience..".highly recommend

Reviewed March 7, 2017

I took the bus to this out of town restaurant and had such a great meal, I plan to return in October. I ordered fried fish and expected a piece of fish. I received a great selection of fish shaped like a mountain and every piece was really delicious.
I complimented the chef on his choice of fish and the presentation. the wine was also very good
Its a bit hard to find on the bus but I got there in the end.

Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

Perfect dinner and very friendly people. The food is very good and tasty. Excellent place for dinner!

Reviewed October 10, 2015

A warm welcome was given as soon as we entered the restaurant,and a chair for the toddler in the group was provided immediately-The dishes were mainly fish dishes but all were cooked to perfection.I had a mussels soup which was very tasty.Whilst others enjoyed tagliolini con gamberetti and tartuffo.However there were mainly fish dishes.The panna cotta with fresh fruit was delicious and as stated the meal ,wine and friendly service were the end of a perfect day.