“Far from perfect!”

Antico Spazzacamino
Reserve with
Antico Spazzacamino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 931 Restaurants in Trieste
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2016

I came here to enjoy a dinner whilst listening to some live jazz. I couldn't fault the music but the service was appalling and the food not much better......We didn't book a table (our fault),but were told at 7.30pm they would find a place for us. I think we were totally forgotten aout because after waiting over 2 hours for a table we finally got a very mediocre salad at 10.15pm, followed by completely the wrong food. I had lost my appetite by then... and the whole evening was ruined for me. Despite excellent music and a lively atmosphere I would never visit this place again..

1  Thank newsonnutrition

Reviewed April 1, 2016

Very tailored-on service, good no-nonsense food with enough innovation approach but appealing very much to food traditionalists like me, more than average serving size, nice atmosphere.

2  Thank Fabio S
Reviewed March 14, 2016

I stayed for a couple of weeks in Trieste and found this place just around the corner. I went there several times for both lunch and dinner and enjoyed the informal atmosphere, the eclectic interior and not least the wonderful food. Highly recommended! The owners (a husband and wife) are very welcoming.

1  Thank Flensted
Reviewed September 17, 2015

Not easy to find, not very elegant neither inside or the neighbourhood... but it has a good deal of charme and extravaganza that simply put it a part from the crowd!
Just give it a try, if you do not like the atmosphere you will enjoy the food, excellent and affordable and, if you are lucky, the live music that very often goes on here.

1  Thank Ste-th1
Reviewed August 28, 2015 via mobile

Well hidden place, but once you find it be prepared to be surprised in the most pleasant way.
Live jam sessions, original decoration and friendly owners who is taking your order guarantee few hours well spent.
Food is great, seafood is my favorite, wine is good, prices are decent. Just go there and write me if I'm wrong!