“Simple but great taste at non tourist prices”

Gastronomia San Martino
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed October 25, 2018 via mobile

Located in the lower portion of the old town of Monterosso, this is an amazing little restaurant with a plethora of choices. We had 2 different seafood salads, one with asparagus and shrimp and one with octopus, and both were amazing. We followed this with lasagna and ravioli with meat sauce. Limited seating. Takeaway available.

1  Thank dsj5777
Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

We arrived in Monterosso on a beautiful Saturday, loved our hotel and the views. After awhile we decided we needed some food so went to trip advisor who usually gives us great info. Not this time.

I read all the reviews and the few who said "why is this the top rated restaurant with reheated food, etc." stupidly I went with the majority....

We got there before 6:00 grabbed a table, the servers and chef went by and not so much as acknowledged us, as if we were a minor irritant. When they did open and the waitress came by we ordered the crepes and a fresh fish dish with potatoes. Also a 1/2 bottle of their higher quality wine. The food came fairly quickly. The fish was as promised, fresh and really very good with potatoes and a bit of red sauce. My husband's crepes were spinach and ricotta. These might have been good had they been warm. They were not. So because of my order for a fresh fish dish and his order a reheated item, prepared much earlier, he got the short end of it.

So long story short, we were disappointed 1. In how we were not welcomed 2. The quality of the crepes. 3. Eat and get on your way attitude 4. No dessert or coffee available.

Because of all the reviews, etc. people wait just outside the seating area and of course we left quickly, not the usual enjoy your meal, have some coffee and dessert. They don't serve either.

I do not recommend as a good representation of some fine meals, also at a low cost, here in Italy.

Reviewed October 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I shared a romantic table for 2 outside. The lasagna was the best we ever had. The Rosso red wine was perfect with our meal. Very reasonable and we would definitely eat there again.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Dining in China’s Terre was a delight and finding restaurants that had gluten free food was a bonus.
We dined at San Martino Gastronomia with two friends and we all enjoyed our meal. Gluten Free was understood and my meal was great.
Having Coeliac Disease, it is essential to eat Gluten Free and I was able to find many options of gluten free meals here. The atmosphere was wonderful, staff were knowledgeable and friendly and the house wine delicious.

Reviewed October 19, 2018 via mobile

Read the reviews, stopped by and asked the waitress for her favorites, which seemed good to us. I had the spaghetti with anchovies, which was delightful, with a soft, subtle flavor in the pasta and mild anchovies. My wife had the seafood spaghetti, with mussels, shrimp, an unknown bivalve, and a great pasta flavor to match. The waitress recommended a local red wine, which was outstanding. Great meals with good service for one of the more reasonable amounts so far on our trip. Don’t miss it. Not too many tables and all the items appear to be available for take out. Always love it when the waitress runs off to the market in the middle of the meal time. Suggests stuff is fresh.