All reviewstrain stationmini suiteswimming poolold townantipasti buffetcinque terresingle roomadequate sizeminute walkquiet hotelfamily roomhuge balconypastriesnice breakfastconvenient locationsea viewnice terrace
Reviewed May 2, 2012

Went with the group County Travel Sweden that very often have great value for money. BUT this Villa is more then great. Kind, helpsam staff, realxed beds and tasty dinners.

Room Tip: Lots of singlerooms
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Bettan
Reviewed February 29, 2012

I couldn't fault this hotel, where we stayed in October 2011. I was travelling with a girl friend but we preferred our own rooms. This hotel was once a nunnery and nuns and priests still take their holidays here, not that we came across any. Plenty of single rooms as it was set up for the nuns many years ago. Rooms are spotless, small but plenty of storage space plus en suite, great air con and a balcony with views. It appears that many of the guests return year after year as a lot of them knew each other from previous years. I feel Monterosso is the best of the 5 villages to stay in as there is more space and nice for walks along the beach or into "Old Monterosso", which has more character and a nicer beach. However, it is quite a bit further from the train station than the newer section. Villa Adriana is just under a 10 min walk from the station, all flat until you reach their driveway. There is a lift in the hotel so no need to drag cases up the stairs. The staff were wonderful and helped us with further hotel bookings. I spent 6 weeks in Italy and the breakfast here was the best ever. A fantastic selection of savoury and sweet foods. You certainly didn't need lunch. You pay for the evening meal (optional) but it is very reasonably priced and very good. The hotel is exceptionally quiet - no traffic or tourist noises. The 10 min walk is well worth not being on the main drag with all the hustle and bustle. Had the best sleep of the whole trip. Would love to return to this wonderful hotel and wonderful village.

Room Tip: All rooms here are quiet, unless you had noisy neighbours.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jaygee52
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Single female travelling on her own, managed to find the Adriana from the train station. All you do is ask.Basically get off the train head down to the main walkway in Monterosso and turn to your right and walk along the sidewalk going towards the end of the village. You will come to what appears to be the last vehicle road and turn right and walk about 3-4 blocks down and Adriana is on your left hand side. I stayed in the main hotel where you check in. I had a single room on the top floor with a balcony looking over at the other building as well the pool and fauna. My room was beyond lovely with marble and lovely woods in the room. It was large enough for one and I found it very peaceful while I was there. I paid half board which included a wonderful breakfast buffet with cereals, yogurts, fruits, homemade breads, jams, pastries such as chocolate stuffed croissants. There was also the italian slice meats and cheeses as well. Over all for the cost, I would go again and again. On my last day at this hotel I prepurchased a dinner for my last evening to see what it would be like to purchase full board which is breakfast and dinner. Oh my goodness, there was no way in the world I could possibly eat all the food they brought to me. There was I think 5 courses, and of course they serve their meals very differently than one would eat here in Canada. I belive the cost was going to be 15 eruos for me for that dinner that night which in comparison to most restaurants in the villages that was very reasonable and well worth the money. I did not end up paying for it in the end and it was given to my by the hotel staff free of charge, because they initially forgot to add it to my final bill. When I offered to pay it afterwards they declined and gifted it to me, which was lovely. There are couple of gals that work in the lobby that have very good english and are lovely people. To be honest I was up and gone most days I was there hiking and doing the boat trip and enjoying the beach and shops and the people of Cinque Terra. I am so in love with this place and will return one day. Overall, I am not sure how you could possibly go wrong with this hotel if you want to pamper yourself. The sea is very salty and the fact that it is one of few that has a pool, makes it that much more desirable. When its hot, the cold pool feels good.

Room Tip: I would suggest you stay in the main building. I did not realize until I was doing my review that the building across the way from my balcony was part of what I would think was the older part of the Adriana. I would always want to stay in the main building for its lovely marble and woods.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank crashingchloe
Reviewed December 7, 2011

The first thing to love about this hotel is that you can park your car there is you are driving. My husband, daughter and I drove from Tuscany and this was one of the very few hotels that has parking. Of course the car stayed parked the entire time because you can't drive in the Cinque Terra. The grounds are lovely - you walk up a slight hill to get to the front door but no long, steep steps like many hotels here. The bar is small and nice. The breakfast is simple - not great for a vegetarian like me, but good for others. Our room was the a two bedroom "suite" with a balcony - but still very tiny. We were on the corner of the 4th foor and the view from the balcony was incredible. We spent our "down time" out there playing cards, glass of wine, etc. If not for the balcony the size would have bothered us, but with it the size was fine. The beds were firm but comfortable. There are small closets for your clothes. Not much space to store your suitcase. AIr conditioning was great. Housekeeping was excellent. The front desk was friendly and helpful. We would surely come back here if we have the good fortune to be in the Cinque Terre again.

Room Tip: Make sure you face the ocean and not the back.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank doptagirl
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We stayed in this plain, very clean hotel for two nights. Everything works well, it lacks only of charm.The room we had was nice, functional. The beach is very close and an amazing restaurant, Micky not very far away. Breakfast was average. We were happy to find this place, because the one we made the reservation in the first place was so bad that we never stayed...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple