“good hotel”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Villa Adriana
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We booked this place based on trip advisor reviews and availability. It was clean and conveniently located. Its a little bit of a walk from the restaurants (~0.7 km) but it felt like nothing because the weather there was phenomenal relative to Rome and Florence.

I think its fair to say that this place did the job- ie a place to sleep. I did find it a little bit odd though that they charge 1 euro per beach towel. It just felt cheap. I was thinking in my head- just charge me an extra couple of euro in the rate but don't pull stuff like this. Also this place had the crappiest wifi of all the places we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Indranil G

Reviewed 10 July 2012

This hotel was very comfortable being so close to town. I loved the grounds and garden views.
Staff was most helpful, friendly and warm. Beds were very good and the room was clean.
I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel was very comfortable. It's close to town but far enough to walk off those heavy dinners at the end of the night. The staff made me feel very comfortable and the breakfast in the morning was delicious!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Going into our stay at Hotel Villa Adriana we did not know what to expect. The hotel exceeded our expectations. This is a great place to stay in the Cinque Terre. The staff is warm, friendly and very helpful. Our room had a fantastic view from the balcony with a view of the coast. The hotel is in newer part of Monterrosso, which has the better beaches and is quiet at night. It was a quick good walk to the old part of town where we ate dinner every night. The breakfast is generous and tasty. Overall I give this hotel an A+ rating. Rooms are smaller, but worked fine for our family of 3, plus you are not in the room much, but the air-conditioning was the best we had in Italy. We will come back to Hotel Villa Adriana in the future!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank loholly
Reviewed 5 July 2012

We recently stayed at the Villa Adriana in Cinque Terre and we highly recommend this wonderful hotel. The staff are outstanding and were always welcoming, helpful, and attentive to our needs. Our room was very comfortable and the internet connection worked flawlessly. Breakfasts were excellent and the cappuccino was fantastic! We will certainly choose Villa Adriana for any future visits to Cinque Terre and we have already recommended this to our friends in the U.S.A.

Lynn and Peter Meltzer,
Lexington, Mass., U.S.A.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 July 2012

We spent 5 nights at this brilliant hotel / monastery and found the people very helpful and kind. The breakfasts were great as were the dinners (excellent value at 15 euros for 3 courses plus a buffet salad). The air conditioner made ithe room very comfortable and the pool was ideal for relaxation before dinner. Wifi was free but only worked in the lounge area next to the office. Monterosso has easy access to the station and beach which makes it a handy choice.

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 12 June 2012

Pros: Not far from the main stretch, just a couple of mins walk. Easy walk from the train station and whilst it's a little (and I do mean a little) steep to get up to the entrance it really is a very short distance via ramp, not stepped. The rooms were beautifully cleaned and the staff, particularly two of the waitresses, were lovely. Actually the entire hotel was spotless. A great buffet breakfast is included and dinner is available when pre-booked for 15 Euros, and let me tell you, you will be full!

Cons: I can't bare any hotel that doesn't offer free wifi throughout the hotel. Unfortunately we are on a working holiday and had to access email, bank accounts etc quite a lot. Sitting in the small lobby area that got reception was uncomfortable. I would prefer (though still not a perfect solution) to pay a small amount and have access in my room than to use a free service in the lobby. Staff didn't really try to get to know you - again, when you're working alongside them for a few hours at a time this is a bit disappointing though towards the end of our stay a couple did smile a bit more at us. The hotel lift is tiny and it's odd the way you can be waiting for a lift and someone that is quite large in statue wants to squeeze in with you. On more than one occasion I took the stairs, I don't want to get in a tiny lift with a big man I don't know pressed up against me! Not sure what the hotel can do about this - maybe introduce a number system so it's clear you have to wait if you come along second. Anyway, it's a common problem in Italy. The shower in my room was ridiculous. It was a corner shower and so whilst it appeared a decent size, it wasn't. I'm only small but trying to wash long hair and comb the knots out of it was problematic.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
0.9 km away
Albergo Marina
Albergo Marina
#15 of 20 in Monterosso al Mare

Been to Hotel Villa Adriana? Share your experiences!