All reviews great location train station sink portofino bedroom reception
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Value - It cost me £32 for a single room with shared bathroom

How to get there? - Turn right out of the station and cross the road and keep walking for about 3 mins. You come to a small piazza (not pedestrianized) to the left is a supermarket (open until 10pm) and a little bar serving a great ice cold coffee and the street is opposite these businesses.

Room - Cool room (heatwise) with sink. Shared bathroom. Shared kitchen with fridge and microwave, but no utensils. Bring your own knife and fork etc!

Area - Its close to the train station and pick up bus for City Sightseeing bus at station. If you turn left from the station and walk past the imposing glass hotels and get to Via Armando Diaz then you climb the steps you get a great view over the city.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Great value, good location and super friendly staff!! Rooms are a bit dated but do the job and the shared bathroom is kept incredibly clean. The staff spoke very little english but were still very helpful and tried their very best. Lovely warm atmosphere.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kate T
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

I had a wonderful stay here! 5minutes from The train station and close by to lots of fresh food markets, our stay was a dream. We felt very safe and comfortable. Our host didnt speak much English (though speaks fluent Spanish) but she was such a dear lady!! There was a bit of a noise curfew but it never bothered us. Genovas night life was a 7minute walk away and the beach about 10 minutes by bus from the stop near the train Station.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank shannontarni
Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is a gem. The owner is very friendly and went out of his way to make our stay comfortable, answer all our questions, and give us recommendations of places to go in the city. We had to catch a flight early in the morning and he arranged the taxi for us. The hotel is absolutely beautiful with mosaic floors and stained glass windows. Beautiful, clean, and secure. It has the charm and class of a bed and breakfast for the price of a hostel! Plus it is a short walk away from a street with many delicious restaurants and the beautiful historic area. I wish we could have stayed for longer!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I loved it .
I was with my bf and we stayed 2 nights he was so surprised how clean it was and that made me happy cause I don't normally care. The place was locked up at night very good and we could come and go as we please . Walking distance to EVERYTHING but parking was hard to find . Gotta be quick and sometimes lucky the staff was fantastic always a smile the head lady Alicia will help u with any info u want . I would recommend this place to anybody x

Room Tip: We stayed in number 6 ,nice sized room
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple