All reviews train station sister hotel modern lift old style piazza principe first floor via balbi minute walk travelling by train main station convenient location lovely hotel nice bathroom grand hotel savoia old city executive room great room
Reviewed May 8, 2016

Classic elevator took us to an unusually large and beautiful room ... This room was a great value and the location was a few minutes from main train station. Breakfast was very good as well. I am keeping the slippers as a good memento.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Gary C
Reviewed May 6, 2016

5 minute walk from Genoa train station. Arrived at hotel and was upgraded to a suite at the sister hotel next door - Grand Savoia. The room and hotel were fantastic. Great bathroom, good views and a great location. Staff were very friendly and willing to help. Easy walk to the harbour, cruise terminal and many restaurants. We would definitely stay again.

Stayed: April 2016
Reviewed April 29, 2016

We got a good advance purchase rate at this hotel and it was great. Yes, it was across the road from the train station but the station building was quite lovely and there was no noise. We were keen to base in Genoa so we could travel to places like Portofino and the Cinque Terre. The proximity to the train station made this so very easy. The hotel itself was very clean, we had lovely, spacious room and the staff were very helpful and efficient. One night we even asked for a restaurant recommendation that was 'cheap, cheerful and local', being a bit tired of eating out regularly. They did not let us down as we wandered around to the corner to exactly what we wanted (da Mario). Breakfast buffet not overly impressive, We were offered breakfast for 10 euros each but I am not sure that this was really good value and will stick with local cafe next time, of which there are plenty close by. I would however, highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2016

Very convenient location, next to both the train station and to the shuttle bus that goes to the airport. This hotel is also within walking distance from the city center. Very nice room, large enough, clean and with a free bottle of water everyday. Stuff extremely nice, helpful and polite. Large variety of breakfast with good quality food. I liked the fact that this hotel had some sort of connections to the 5 stars next to it so you can use the gym and other facilities in the 5 stars hotel. I am a pianist and I loved the fact I could play the grand piano in the 5 stars hotel hall, everyday.

Strongly recommended and I would definitely come again if I happen to be in Genoa again.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2016

We needed a hotel for a one night stop on our way south. Nice hotel, but even better is that it is owned by the same owner as the one next door, which is much more interesting architecturally and has a wonderful bar. The Continental has a smoking terrace on the second floor where you can sit, smoke, and enjoy the view.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple