Found this hotel on Tripadvisor and it was a better than expected. Easy to find by car or train with a small parking lot. Best to park car and forget about it. The grounds were beautiful and staff very friendly. We stayed in the annex and loved it. A short walk from the main hotel, the room was basic but large and clean with nice size bathroom. Would stay in the annex again if we return, liked the sea view and gardens outside our room. Location was terrific, easy access to restaurants, ferry, train and bus. Great location for an early morning run or walk. A healthy walk to Portofino from the hotel and an easy ferry ride to San Fruttuoso Abbey (another pleasant surprise).. Very well priced for the area. Stayed three weeks in Italy and this was a very pleasant and relaxing place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional hotel dating from 1900 with modern amenities; situated in a serene garden setting with private beach, facing the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Metropole reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Santa Margherita Ligure
- Metropole Hotel Santa Margherita Ligure