“Lovely view and service”
Review of La Goletta

La Goletta
Ranked #36 of 69 Restaurants in Bellagio
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 April 2017 via mobile

Another place where you get 5 ravioli for 25 euros. I guess you pay for location, location, location....
The service was fantastic. Our waiter lovely. Wine were tasty. The views of the lakes are stunning and the boat decor of the restaurant very original. My truite was lovely but you still have to buy sides at 6euros each for three bits of veg. Why can't there be more on the plate? The desserts were lovely, ice cream very tasty. My partner's steak had quite a few fatty bits. ( Aldi beef Fillet's are better)
Shame about quantity but still good.

There are newer reviews for La Goletta

Reviewed 1 November 2016

Thought it'd be nice to eat here one night of our holiday, but we had such an average meal. The setting is nice, overlooking the pool, and the Lake, and the service was very good. But I think I chose incorrectly, and my lasagne was dreadful. It was obviously a slice of a large lasagne pre made in a large dish, but was very dry, and not as expected in a restaurant of this quality. It would have been way nicer in a small local Italian restaurant.The setting was very strange too - it was like being in an old sailing ship, with lots of wood panelling ! Not a great experience.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Let me start by saying that i am quite partial when it comes to Italian food mainly because it is relatively simple and generally good value for money. The La Goletta restaurant easily ticked all the boxes. Located by the pool at the Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni it is a relaxed but fine dining establishment. All of the staff were friendly, helpful and had a good grasp of both the menu and the wine list. The ambience and views on a warm summer’s evening are magical and the chef produced some of the best pasta that I have ever had. Their wine list comprised a good selection of quality Italian wines along with some nice French wines and it was not hard to find a suitable wine to match your food choice or price range.
I would recommend a visit whenever you are heading to Bellagio just to try their pastas.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

This was the cherry on the top during our stay in Como. Bellagio exudes luxury and class, even better than Monaco if I may say. And to live this true Atmosphere I definitely recommend to have dinner at the Villa Serbelloni. The view from the terrace on the lake was breathtaking. The food was yummy and the wide range of desserts made us to try at least 4. I loved how on the way to the bathroom, pictures from previous guests were hanged on the corridor like the Kennedys, Edgar Allan Poe, etc...

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

The second restaurant in any grand hotel is in an awkward place. It must be good, but not so good as to detract from the main game. And so it is here. At times it lives up to its €30/main accolades. But mostly it fails.

My pet hate is having to top up my own wine. Oh, and no implements, no finger bowl for a large bowl of Moules borders on neglectful. The pasta with pesto was so overburdened with all things basil as to be cloying and grainy.

The ravioli was pleasant, the minestrone ok (sans pasta), and the veal saltimbocca was good (albeit skimpy).

The pannacotta was delightful, but the chocolate gateaux was dry and obviously yesterday's bake. The tiramisu was rubbish.

The space is awkward, faux marine/boaty, outdated and in need of an update. An elegant wooden Bertrand it ain't.

Staff are slightly "forced pleasant", not natural or effusive.