“More than 5”

Ranked #2 of 50 Restaurants in Baveno
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Dear Guests,the starting idea of this restaurant embodies one of the themes from the popular movie Amelie (Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain) directed by Jean Pierre Jeunet in 2001, that is to keep a curious eye on the world and take pleasure in the simple things ... we tried to carry this idea through in the meals, offering a mixture of flavors, fragrances and also feelings to free the spirit ... and ...fly ...The restaurant Amelie is a place where you can taste good food and learn small tricks for your own well-being . The first of which being a return to simplicity, that to Paolo (Chef Patron) and Miky (Naturopath) means in first place to live according to the pace of the seasons. This simple and primary secret is translated in the seasonal menu based on the ingredients that Nature offers us only in their own season. For this reason the courses will vary according to season availability.Amelie wants to make people aware that we are what we eat.Paolo, who is rational, calculating and practical and Miky, who is instinctive, ethereal and sentimental , want to share their views so that you can share yourselves with many more people the pleasures of good eating and well-being on your own and with others.That's why for example we use pure oils, essences of flowers and leaves, and fruits and berries in the environment and in the food.At the end of the meal, if you want you can learn more about our choice of products and oils, at that time of the year, and can smell the essence used, and maybe make it your own.Paolo and Miky wish you all to have a good time.WELCOME ... in Amelie wonderland!
Reviewed September 11, 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for a great experience this is the restaurant! Not listed in the Guida Michelin but far better than at least one of the listed restaurants in Baveno.
The staff was just so nice and attentative - more than perfect and better than most...
The dishes was impeccable, full of taste, sometimes surprising, cooked to perfection, presented in a nice way.
The wine we had was perfect (not expensive). There was a generous amount of digestifs. Heaven on earth. One of the best restaurantexperiences in my life. Had I been working for Guida Michelin they would have had at least one star.
Much more than good value for money!

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank Appelgren

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Myself and my wife dined here in celebration of our 25th wedding anniversary in August. From start to finish, the whole evening was just perfect. The friendliness, knowledge and attention to detail from the staff is one thing, but the quality of the food is another. It's outstanding!! I can honestly say, I've never had food like it. If you ever visit Baveno, please, visit Amelie! It really is that good.

1  Thank kytey2018
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

I would like to say a big thanks you to Paolo Miky and staff for an ultimate dining experience. From start to finish the attention to detail and genuine friendliness and kindness was simply superb. I have had the privilege to have eaten in many of the top restaurants in the world including the ‘Riverside Cafe’ NYC and the experience was on par.

Your passion is genuine and you deserve every success.

Thank you again. Highly recommended.

Paolo Rosolek

Reviewed August 23, 2018 via mobile

The food was very delicious, very well presented. It was like taking a culinary class. The steak and duck were delicious, and the creme brulee was amazing. The owners were friendly.

2  Thank Mounira S
Reviewed August 9, 2018 via mobile

Ristorante Amelie is in the back streets of Baveno but certainly is at the forefront of local cuisine in Piedmont.

My family of 5 are all food and wine critics. Three love cooking and the other with me, we are from the essential consumer class. We loved this place despite having a bit of a walk to find it. It is well worth the trek.

After exciting our appetites with a teaser (seared duck, cream of leek and fennel soup) our first course was range of delicious pasta and risotto. Whilst debate ragged over which was the best, my Prawn and Scallop Ravioli was the standout winner.

I was concerned that the risotto with Lamb skank would be too large in flavour and dimension and I was right, my selection of Black Angus Beef was unbelievably good. I know people will say it’s just steak, but this STEAK was amazing. Topped with a purée of herbs, butter and local black salts the most tender of cuts was cooked perfectly to medium rare and served with potato gratin the melted in the mouth. Forgot to mention that the 2 local bottles of wine (a mineral white Chardonnay and a full flavoured Nebbiolo red) that our host selected from a reasonably wide list of wines was perfect and very cheap.

We would have loved to had dessert but could not eat another mouthful. Oh, except we did when the chef insisted we try the banana flavoured coolie; yet another winner.

As I walked down the hill to bed I noted that the excellent friendly but unobtrusive service and fantastic meal at a cost of 50 Euros per person was well worth the tip we left and so it would be for others. Eat at Amelie and enjoy food prepared with love.

1  Thank M_Sparksman