See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed July 12, 2015 via mobile

Nice hotel, with rather small rooms, but with big terrace and beautiful views. The decoration is rather wild , with Zebra details. I liked it, but my partner was less charmed by it. We had dinner at their restaurant. We were the only two, which makes it a bit uncomfortable. I thought the food was delicious but again my partner didn't agree. :)) Breakfast deserves an upgrade.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julesohjules
Reviewed May 29, 2015

This hotel is located a bit outside Stresa so it is fairly quite but you need a car to get around. The rooms are very basic but clean. The staff is very helpful and friendly! There is a very nice view of the lake.

You need to reconnect to internet every hour or so and the speed varies from reasonable to very slow.

A good hotel for a couple of days if you plan to spend most of the day outside the hotel.

Their dinner restaurant is fantastic. Even if you do not stay at the hotel the restuarant is definitely worth a visit!!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hans-Henrik H
Reviewed May 20, 2015

I spent 2 days at la Sacca, together with my parents. It is the perfect location in Stresa, if you have a car. The rooms are really nice and the view of the lake is spectacular. The food in the restaurant is delicious, the service is top notch. We felt like home and we look forward to going back.

Room Tip: Room 20 is really quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Ionucutza
Reviewed May 6, 2015

We had stayed here in October 2014 for 1 night during our Italy trip. Our inputs on this particular hotel are as below:

Positives:
1. Food was very good. We had our dinner and breakfast here. Must have are their home made breads and home made butter served at the start of the meal. The croissants served during the breakfast were amazing :)
2. Rooms are pretty clean.
3. Our room was with pretty huge balcony facing the lake - which is awesome for enjoying beauty of Lake Maggiore. It has an awesome view of the Lake and on a clear day one can spend a lot of time admiring the beauty of the lake sitting on the balcony.
4. Well known place to Cab drivers.

Certain points to keep in mind:
1. Somewhat far from main city or ferry area - takes around 20 minutes of walk on the highway without any footpath to walk on. Bus availability is also limited - this may have been due to the fact that we went when the off season had just started.

Overall it was a pleasant experience.

To note: If you are driving - they have an exclusive parking area. Also, specifically ask for lake facing room on the first floor - these typically will have a large balcony.

Cheers,

Gaurav

Room Tip: Ask for room on the first floor - facing the Lake - if you are lucky you will get rooms with large balconies... :)
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2014

My partner and I have just got back from spending 3 nights at this hotel. Its a lovely hotel, but there are unfortunately a few negatives. Unfortunately we had really bad weather and it was cold and raining the entire time we were there. We tried to make the most of our time and not let it spoil the trip. However, there were a few inconveniences with the hotel. Firstly, the location. I did not realise just how far away from the town centre it was. It is not safe to walk, we attempted to walk from the town centre to the hotel but had to turn back half way as it was just too dangerous. there's no footpath and it is a dark, windy main road, however we were told that walking would be fine! Not fine!! Not when it was endangering our lives. We had to walk back to the centre and get a taxi which cost us 11 euros each time.
The room was lovely and spacious and we had a nice sized bathroom with a Jacuzzi bath which was the highlight of the hotel for me as there was nothing else. We had a tiny TV on the wall but there was nothing we could watch as it was all in Italian. The rooms were very cold but we were told the heating wont be turned on until the end of October! So I had to ask for extra blankets as it was that cold. The website states there's a gym and sauna, which, on a miserable rainy day we thought would be perfect and our saving grace. However, when I went down to reception to see where they were, I was told they are both closed!!!
Because of its location, eating was extremely limited. You are fine to stay in the town but the last bus is at 7.30pm so you haven't got much of an evening to have. Of course you can stay later, and get a taxi back at 11-12 euros a time. The hotel does have a restaurant, but I found the menu fussy and extremely over priced. There's a lovely pizzeria next door but he wasn't open due to the weather. The breakfast was basic. Not a lot of selection but it did us for what we needed.
All in all, its a nice hotel but I think they should offer more for people staying with them as you are quite a way from the centre (over 2km) especially when the weather is bad. Like I say we tried to make the most of our time, but the one day there was just no point being outside as the visibility was awful and the rain was relentless. All we could do was stay at the hotel but with no amenities to occupy us, it was quite a boring day.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple