Hotel du Parc
US$412
Orbitz.com
US$124
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildingtrain noiserailway lineparking includedexcellent ownerslovely garden settingbusy town centrepretty dining roomlovely breakfast roomshort walkexcellent service and staffrich selectionexcellent wifiplentiful breakfastcharming hotelold world charmfamily run
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My wife and I stayed at the HDP after being recommended to us, we were not disappointed,I had read earlier about the trains running through the night,as I am a light sleeper, I had asked for a front facing room,on arrival this had not been done ,but the Hotel accommodated us on our second night,with very little fuss.
The room we moved to No 3 is fantastic,with a beautiful balcony view towards the lake and mountains, and the bathroom was 1st class.
Our stay here was most enjoyable,by the owner Carla,her brother Giuseppe and his wife Pupa,all were very helpful and nothing seemed to be a problem for them, I would also mention Roberta at reception,very pleasant and helpful.
As mentioned by many the hotel is a little old fashioned in it's decor ,but I believe to be in fitting with the style, but hey who cares the hotel is very clean ,comfortable ,the staff are pleasant and courteous, the breakfast, as far as continental goes, was very good with plenty of variety.
HDP is nicely situated in Stresa ,5 min walk from the tourist info on the lakeside,it is a few years since I visited Maggiore, and there is plenty to keep you occupied there,there are some fabulous walks,the one either up or back down from Motterone,if you are up to it, are not to be missed.
Carla ,gave us 4/5 restaurants to try and were excellent,our favourite was the Torino,in one of the squares,Stresa town is not that big so this cannot be missed,the food at the Torino was beautiful and good value for your money, it will cost you around 40 E,for 2 courses with wine.
A little mention to Giuseppe who serves a beautiful bottle of Barbera,which was enjoyed as we watched couple of football matches that were on while we were there.
All in all a wonderful holiday,I had thought of going to the Borromees,but ended up delighted with my choice.
If you are a little unsure how to transfer from Malpensa,we booked prior with the Alibus ,all the info is on line ,www.safduemila.com ( and for 9 Euros each, one way,we found this easy.

Room Tip: Front facing the lake
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wineonthego
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Hotel du Parc is a very nice hotel in a great location. Although it is not on the "main" street" it is only a few blocks from the center of the plaza. The setting is gorgeous with all the trees and garden. The breakfast/dining area was exquisite. The food was also very good...with many choices of breads, croissants, cereals, and fruit. The main building is also furnished with gorgeous antiques. The rooms were also very spacious and the bathroom was nicely up-dated. The only complaint or disappointment I had was that our room was heavly scented with room freshner that made it difficult to breath. We simply opened the window and unplugged the air freshner and we were fine. We did stay in the annex...which is a little cheaper. All in all, it was a great stay in a very exclusive and expensive town. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I think I would stay in the main building the next time. But I would not be opposed to staying in the annex again either.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank travelbugqueen
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for two nights after getting stranded due to the National Strike in Italy on the day we were due to fly home. We had been staying at the Regina Palace but did not want to stay there for the extra nights (see separate review).
This seems to be a family run hotel and everyone we met was extremely helpful and friendly. It is quite old fashioned but very charming and spotlessly clean. We had a room in the annexe. Whilst this was ok, we wished we had paid a little extra for a room in the main building as they were of a higher standard.
Breakfast was excellent with a good choice of cereals, cold meat, different cheeses, hard boiled eggs, breads, cakes, fruit, etc.
The gardens are lovely. Free wifi and use of the computer in the lounge was a bonus. You just feel really at home in this hotel.
Although it is at the top of the town, and therefore a bit of a climb to get to, it is very close to the centre of town and all the shops and lovely restaurants. The only problem is it is very close to the railway line and the trains are frequent and noisy. They do seem to stop around midnight until about 5 am. We also had some noisy plumbing in our room which gurgled all night. I would recommend taking ear plugs!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are better.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Old hotel with small but very clean rooms. The staff is friendly. The garden is nice but lacks the view on the lake.
Perfectly located to explore Stresa and surroundings (Isola Bella etc).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on the Lake (2nd floor and higher)
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J80-benelux
Reviewed July 7, 2011

It's a very comfortable, relaxing hotel with spacious, clean rooms. We had slight trouble with electric as there wasn't any in our room when checking in, this was soon sorted but it happened again on 2 more occasions, I think there was a problem with the trip switches.
Some rooms are close to the railway but don't think this would cause a problem. The grounds are very nice as was the breakfasts, with a good choice of food and fresh fruits etc . Only a 2 minute walk to the town centre which has a good choice of restarants. The downstairs rooms were all in keeping with the style and age of the hotel, thus giving a pleasant atmosphere.
Some rooms are in an annex close by but breakfasst are served in the main hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends